Just got my DVD burner (Sony DRU500AX) few questions regarding authoring...... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 19th, 2003, 09:53 AM   #16
Regular Crew

I finally got around to looking for the firmware update for the Sony drive. I couldn't find anything on the Sony website, but I did find specs for the new DRU-510 drive. Does anyone know where I can find the update for the 500?

Thanks!!

Rick
Old May 19th, 2003, 10:41 AM   #17
Wrangler

http://sony.storagesupport.com/dvdrw/dru500axdwn.htm

Make sure you disable DMA on your CD/DVD roms prior to running the firmware....Don't ask me WHY...it just says to do it that way. lol
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2003, 02:30 PM   #18
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Peter Jefferson : one thing to note, you can only render AC3 from within Vegas if you have the SF SoftEncode app... -->>>

Everything you say it correct, 'cept it's not called SoftEncode, it's called the "Dolby® Digital AC-3 Encoder". It's included in the Vegas+DVD bundle.

///d@
Dennis Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2003, 09:10 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Thanks Glen!!

<<<-- Originally posted by Glen Elliott : http://sony.storagesupport.com/dvdrw/dru500axdwn.htm

Make sure you disable DMA on your CD/DVD roms prior to running the firmware....Don't ask me WHY...it just says to do it that way. lol -->>>

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring