Talking head shot. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery

EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Post your EOS M / 60D / 7D / Rebel clips here... Vimeo and YouTube links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old November 18th, 2009, 06:56 AM   #1
Talking head shot.
Mike Watkins Mike Watkins is offline November 18th, 2009, 06:56 AM

Thought I would share a clip I shot for a local Christmas Charity. This was shot in a small living room with a small lowel light kit. No color correction was done in post. Shot at 24p, Canon EF 50mm 1.8.

I am really impressed with the quality, as I also had my XHA1 running alongside thie 7D to pick up sound. The 2 cameras matched color pretty well, with the 7d seeming sharper to my eye.

Anyway, thanks for watching: Mike Watkins

Mike Watkins
Regular Crew
Views: 1231
Old November 19th, 2009, 12:48 PM   #2
Major Player

I liked the shallow DOF with the fire in the background. One thing that bothered me (constructive criticism) is that I feel the speaker should have been looking into the camera as it was a "I-you" dialog. "See me after church...." but who is she talking to? Someone off camera, or me, the viewer? It had an unnerving feel to it that was akin to talking to someone face-to-face who can never look you in the eye.

Oh, and when she was looking off camera, it seemed that her eyes were going above the camera level (reading script, perhaps?) I think it would have been better to be at the same level as the lens, not above it.

All the above are just my personal opinions, of course.

Nice low light set up! I liked the sharpness. I'd love to see the two shots together--the 7D and the A1 to compare the colors in that low light situation.
Lloyd Ubshura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2009, 03:38 PM   #3
Major Player

Gotta agree with Lloyd...it's a turnoff to see someone reading the script when she should be making a connection with the viewer. If she can't memorize, break up the script into chunks and change shots (having her turn into the new shot for easy editing).
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2009, 04:01 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I agree about the talking to the camera(or lack thereof). This was a quick throw together for a video announcement for our church. I mostly posted it because I haven't seen too many interview shots with the 7D yet and was impressed with the quality in this setting. Audio was a bit disappointing, but I covered that with my A1 sound.

I definitely agree it would have been better to talk to camera on this one.....

Thanks for commenting.

Mike Watkins

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery