Music Video with 7D on slider, EX1 on jib at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery

EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Post your EOS M / 60D / 7D / Rebel clips here... Vimeo and YouTube links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old March 12th, 2010, 10:17 AM   #1
Music Video with 7D on slider, EX1 on jib
Carlo Zanella Carlo Zanella is offline March 12th, 2010, 10:17 AM

This "music video style" intermezzo was shot, as you can see from the attached picts with the 7D and EX-1 combo, rispectively on slider and jib. The main challenge was to match up color between the two, without relying too much on post. I was able to get a quite surprising good match by working on the WB and gamma setting on the EX-1...Very little touch up in post.

My choice of putting the EX on jib is that I don't have to worry too much about focus issues. The jib moved quite a lot on "in&out" movements as well, hard to do with 7D without losing focus. 7D on indislider, Lilliput and indi FF & rails worked GREAT. All shot at 30fps to match up with the rest of the TV show (The Santa Fe TV Show).

And, a little off topic, in my opinion, NO, it's NOT time to dump your nice videocam for HDSLR. Just work with them together, and you learn to get even more creative!
Enjoy!

VIDEO LINK: e4_intermezzo

Carlo Zanella
The Santa Fe TV Show

Attached Thumbnails
Music Video with 7D on slider, EX1 on jib-7d-ex1.jpg   Music Video with 7D on slider, EX1 on jib-7d_rig1-lilliput669.jpg  

Carlo Zanella
Major Player
Views: 4388
Old March 12th, 2010, 10:24 AM   #2
Trustee

Cool, but what's with the hat? :)
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 10:47 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Chuck, good to hear from you.

Very good question...Very specific answer...
In bright daylight, displays we all know are very hard to see (especially here, in New Mexico!). On the 7D, the combo big black matte hat and sunshade work great, as well as the EX-1 built in display or remote 8" monitor.
NOT an "fashionable aesthetic" choice, but my clients got used to see me with that...
A lot of giggle, but it works! Should I develope a hat fashion line for 7D-EX users??

Carlo Zanella
The Santa Fe TV Show
Carlo Zanella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:03 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Carlo,

Very entertaining. I enjoyed your work.

Thanks for sharing. The 7D really adds a dimension.
Tim Polster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #5
Major Player

Thank you Tim for your comment. I LOVE the 7D, but I love it even more when I can use it with the EX. It's just very simple, there is a tool for each use and dimension...

Carlo
Old March 15th, 2010, 11:43 AM   #6
New Boot

Very cool work! I especially love the shots over the Piano and while the trumpet player is sitting in that chair. I really like the strong good vibe from this.
Old March 18th, 2010, 02:23 PM   #7
Major Player

Love your work!! Again, a great video. Who comes up with the shot selection?
Do you storyboard, or just shoot what comes to mind?
Jim Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 06:51 PM   #8
Major Player

Jim & Nathan,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am glad you appreciate our hard work!
This is pretty much how we work, nothing special:
myself and the writer go on location days before.
We come back with a concept, we may put down a general shoot list, no storyboard. Once in session, we film according to the idea and we usually end up adding quite a few additional scenes. There is also a good percentage of improvisation. If the vibe is good, creativity flows...
I film and edit most of my work, so I film according to my editing style.
If you want to see other examples, go to the link below and watch episodes 2,3,4.

Enjoy!

Carlo Zanella
The Santa Fe TV Show
Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:18 AM   #9
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo Zanella View Post
Hi Chuck, good to hear from you.

Very good question...Very specific answer...
In bright daylight, displays we all know are very hard to see (especially here, in New Mexico!). On the 7D, the combo big black matte hat and sunshade work great, as well as the EX-1 built in display or remote 8" monitor.
NOT an "fashionable aesthetic" choice, but my clients got used to see me with that...
A lot of giggle, but it works! Should I develope a hat fashion line for 7D-EX users??

Carlo Zanella
The Santa Fe TV Show
I'd buy one!
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:39 AM   #10
Regular Crew

Wonderful!

Side note, at 1:11 the guy should have at least had his cheeks look like he's playing... ;-)

I'd like to get some of their songs, itunes?
Tony Reidsma is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery