Time Lapse with 550D at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Post your EOS M / 60D / 7D / Rebel clips here... Vimeo and YouTube links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old August 17th, 2010, 05:19 AM   #1
Time Lapse with 550D
Sean Vincent Sean Vincent is offline August 17th, 2010, 05:19 AM

Would like to get some feedback on this... it's a collection of timelapses done with my 550D... Also lots of other little videos on my vimeo shot with it.

Sean Vincent
Regular Crew
Views: 4127
Old August 22nd, 2010, 01:27 AM   #2
New Boot

Nicely done. You picked some great subjects for time lapse. Could I recommend one thing to create a narrative thread? You entitled it, "While I Was Sleeping", yet your story arc implies that you must have been sleeping for 24 to 48 hours to sleep through all these sequences. Why not inject some humor into why you're sleeping so long? Maybe you took a sleeping pill. Maybe you finished a long shift at work (harder to shoot, of course.) Maybe you tried to watch a marathon of a boring TV show. (Say, the British equivalent of the Rachel Ray Show.:-)) Or simply wake up at the end with two days growth of beard, realizing you overslept. The opening and ending sequences would NOT have to be time lapse. Just a way to introduce your audience to the time lapse.

Again, very nicely done. I enjoyed it.
Brute Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2010, 02:05 AM   #3
Trustee

Sean I really enjoyed it.
Please let me know what settings did you use for this time lapse?

Stelios
Old October 10th, 2010, 02:21 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi Stelios

I use an intervalometer and have the 550D in full manual mode. Basically i set the camera to take the best still i can and then i set the interval at about 9 or 10 seconds.

I have to increase the exposure for night time-lapses.

There's all about it and other related stuff on my site: Sean J Vincent Blog

Sean
Sean Vincent is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery