First post, reception video. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Post your EOS M / 60D / 7D / Rebel clips here... Vimeo and YouTube links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old August 29th, 2010, 05:01 PM  
First post, reception video.
Don Rumsey Don Rumsey is offline August 29th, 2010, 05:01 PM

Hi my name is Don Rumsey and I'm an obvious newbie to the forums. I would like to thanks all of you for your wealth of information. I read many of the posts here before deciding on the gear that I currently have, which I'll post some pics of my DYI rig including my T2i, H4n, and Azden wireless. Otherwise, I received m y T2i on a Friday, put it together with the said rig and filmed my first reception on Saturday. I learned a lot with that shoot but I am pretty please with the end result. ANY comment are welcome. Enjoy!

Don Rumsey
Regular Crew
Views: 7051
Old September 1st, 2010, 01:53 AM   #16
Major Player

My suggestion for your two hundred dollar is to buy a tripod with fluid head and the 50mm.

There are several tripod with fluid head for less than 100 bucks on BH. Other might say don't waste your money on a cheap tripod, well, I bought a Velbon DV-7000 for 80 bucks and it is well worth the money.

And you will still have 100 left for the 50mm.

Another option is to buy the Sigma 18-50mm
Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8-4.5 DC OS HSM Zoom For Canon D-SLRs 861101 -

You say the stock lens is usless,what is wrong with it for basic outdoor video, just as a test i tested a friends expensive lens from his still SLR and the footage on the same shots was identical,indoors and for serious work it is not up to it obviously.
Martyn Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 07:00 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Wow. As if things couldn't get more complicated. The local premier DJ company wnats me to to shoot during there big "glow party". It's where they have all of the latest and greatest lights, laser, snow, bubble, fog machines going all at once with a big shot DJ spinin tunes. This is a huge event for my area and would be such a huge boost to my reputation. Must have low light lens by Friday...sooner to practice. holy cow!
Don Rumsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 11:42 PM   #18
New Boot

So how did the DJ shoot go, Don?
Aaron Christiansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2010, 01:49 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Wow. I totally forgot about this thread! This film put me on the map! I've been non stop busy since. I was shooting every weekend after this was shot. Once the owner of the DJ company saw what I could do! Now we're talking documentary for next year.

It went a lil somethin like this!

Don Rumsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2010, 02:01 AM   #20
New Boot

Well done - and fantastic to hear you're on your way, must be very exciting!
Aaron Christiansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2010, 11:00 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Thank you very much. That's probably my shining gem thus far. I filmed set up on a Thursday, party on Friday. Got sick Saturday and Sunday, (not alcohol related), edited Monday, Tuesday, finished it and posted it to FaceBook at about 11:45 Tuesday night, and was the talk of the town Wednesday, AND was contracted out by the DJ company for all other events!

I'm finishing up a wedding reception and a few commercial spots and promo film for a local new bar in town owned by a buddy of mine...AND... Another friend of mine lined up five DJ's that are out of town who all want something!

I went from zero to being almost a year ahead of the game in just a few months. I only have the one T2i with kit lens and a nifty fifty 1.8! Gotta get some more stuff!
Don Rumsey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery