Second Pro Film at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery
Post your EOS M / 60D / 7D / Rebel clips here... Vimeo and YouTube links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old September 16th, 2010, 02:51 PM   #1
Second Pro Film
Don Rumsey Don Rumsey is offline September 16th, 2010, 02:51 PM

T2i, with "Nifty-Fifty". Set-up "intro" was done on tripod, the party footage on my own creation of a hand held mount. Edited with Premiere Pro CS 5.

Don Rumsey
Regular Crew
Views: 3329
Old September 16th, 2010, 06:59 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Feel free to review....HONESTLY! It will only make me better.
Don Rumsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2010, 08:50 PM   #3
Major Player

Concept is good. Only thing..Gooootta practice keeping shots in focus.. alooot of them were realllly out of focus.
Terry Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 02:31 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Yes...I know. My next purchase is a magnified loupe of sorts. That screen is bugging me. I will say the version that's on Vimeo here is much more fuzzier looking than the file I have at home.
Old September 20th, 2010, 11:39 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Any other takers? It will only make me better. I know there is a focus issue. Even with my newest prescription glasses I keep missing the focus. I only have the kit lens and the 50mm to use. It does seem with both that tiny increments of turn really throw off the focus. Would a "nicer" lens be more forgiving?
Old September 29th, 2010, 09:14 PM   #6
Major Player

I liked it. Plenty of light (beautiful footage), cuts on the beat, camera movement conveying energy and feel of the event as well as the DJ's ability to crank up the crowd, plenty of dark, conveying the atmosphere of the event, good interaction with the participants.

Who needs a wide angle anyway?

Congrats on jumping in and taking on the challenge.

I struggle with pulling focus as well. I have the Hoodman 3x Loupe. I still don't trust it for major shots at events. I wish it had a split screen focus aid of some sort.

My vote is "on to the next piece."
Old September 29th, 2010, 10:18 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Ah... Thank you very much Scott! It was a challenge of sorts using the 50. I would like to get something else for a bit wider shots or when people just get to darn close! I've been shooting A LOT of club footage. As soon as people saw this video it seemed like they all want one for there bar/club. I'm also working on videos for the two DJ's involved in the event and shooting ongoing footage every weekend for the DJ company that hosted it. Kind of like a cops documentary for DJ's! Big fun!
Don Rumsey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD > EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery