Ford Transit TV Commercial with 5d Mark 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Post your 1D / 5D / 6D clips here... Vimeo links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old December 13th, 2008, 09:55 AM   #1
Ford Transit TV Commercial with 5d Mark 2
Bunseng Chuor Bunseng Chuor is offline December 13th, 2008, 09:55 AM

here you go. as promised, it is the full version of the Ford commercial.
it go on air today In Cambodia.
hope you guy like it.
Ford Transit TV Commercial with 5D mark 2 on Vimeo

color corrected. final cut studio,

satra
bunseng chuor

Bunseng Chuor
Regular Crew
Views: 2092
Old December 13th, 2008, 10:05 AM   #2
Major Player

very nice.. great job! Nice van as well.
Christopher Witz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 10:06 AM   #3
Inner Circle

It's a nice spot - But except for the shot of the door sliding open, and the flasher blinking, the whole thing could have been created with HD stills, and good Pan/Scan software. I don't think it shows the full potential of the camera. Just my opinion.
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 10:25 AM   #4
Regular Crew

actually there is no software penning.
slid door... hehe don't like ether but... :)
and i happy with the result of the camera,
and i thing it will make me a lot of nice footage, $$$$$
he he
Bunseng Chuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 10:40 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Very nice job. The lighting is very nice, and the camera moves are smooth and professional.

Cambodia has come a long way in recent decades. I'm happy to read about your success. May your succe$$ continue. :)
Old December 13th, 2008, 10:50 AM   #6
Regular Crew

thank you.. as we know cambodia just start to heat up this Industry every one is work hard.
include me, this shoot on saturday last week, and go on air saturday this week.
actually there was 2 TVC but the other just the motion graphic ford ranger promo,
Old December 13th, 2008, 10:53 AM   #7
Major Player

Well done! I think that might be the first 5DMKII spot for a major company? Was it aired nationally - Might be the first national spot too!!
Old December 13th, 2008, 11:02 AM   #8
Regular Crew

we been doing a lot of spot but this is the fist one using 5dMK2, it was air nationally.
Old December 13th, 2008, 11:24 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Looks good. I liked seeing the focus point changes in the shots.

I have to admit that my favorite part was seeing the van with a manual transmission. Sadly not available here in the USA.
Old December 13th, 2008, 04:17 PM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Alvarez View Post
It's a nice spot - But except for the shot of the door sliding open, and the flasher blinking, the whole thing could have been created with HD stills, and good Pan/Scan software. I don't think it shows the full potential of the camera. Just my opinion.
You could certainly replicate a lot of the shots with stills but it wouldn't look the same - a lot of the shots have subtle changes in perspective, focus etc that you wouldn't get with stills.
Old December 13th, 2008, 04:59 PM   #11
Inner Circle

I counted fourteen different shots. One with action (The sliding door) one with the blinking light, and two where the perspective changed veeery subtly. Not what I would call "A Lot" of the shots.

Seriously, its a nice spot. But It looks just like those brochures with closeu-ups of the enterior that the dealer hands out. Even if you roll focus - that effect can be achieved in post on a still, as well as the pan and scan movements. I stand by my statement, it doesn't show the full potential of the camera. Not even HALF the shots have motion or perspective changes in them.
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 06:34 PM   #12
Major Player

^^I agree 100%.

BTW This will be my next purchase : )

JS
John Stakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 07:01 PM   #13
Major Player

Richard has a point. The spot doesn’t show the cameras full abilities, nor does it show its faults. Could it have been done with pan and scan and with stills?? Either – or, doesn’t matter.

What matters is that the camera is in the hands of people putting spots on air, or producing music videos, or making promo vids. I can't wait to see what pops up next!

Not to start a Red comparison but a few days back I saw a post on Red’s forum about the 5D's artifacts and aliasing problems, and people were saying the 5D couldn’t be used on a motion picture as it wouldn’t hold up to the scrutiny of the big screen. And the few vids that I’ve seen in the past few days have made me think “So what! Who cares?”

Yesterday, my girlfriend was hovering over me and inquired as to why I was watching a (Christopher Witz’s) music video (She knows I don’t listen to that musical style). She sat on my lap, and I restarted it and we watched it together. She made comments about the beautiful make-up on the bride; she mentioned the “beautiful sunlight” and the pleasing colour palette of the house and then she asked “when are we getting married?” in which case I promptly closed the video player and hurried her away from my work station :)

The point is the layperson doesn’t know about aliasing, or crushed blacks etc. The image looks good! – This camera is really going to make a difference in the next year!

It’s my next purchase too!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery