5D Feature Film Trailer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Post your 1D / 5D / 6D clips here... Vimeo links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old May 7th, 2009, 08:53 PM   #1
5D Feature Film Trailer
Nandan Rao Nandan Rao is offline May 7th, 2009, 08:53 PM

Nandan Rao and Zach Weintraub here. We made a speculative trailer for our feature film to be shot this summer on the 5D Mark II and wanted to let show it to all here. We are using m42 lenses, no lighting, and lots of improvisation...if that interests you.

Check it out here: Land of the Lost

or if you prefer vimeo: Land of the Lost Fundraising Trailer on Vimeo

Sincerely,

Land of the Lost

Nandan Rao
New Boot
Views: 2300
Old May 9th, 2009, 02:37 AM   #2
Trustee

I like Sleestaks!
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 02:44 AM   #3
Major Player

Nandan and Zach,

I instantly felt a connection with the music. It exactly matches the tone for a coming of age film / road tripper. That shot didn't seem that dynamic- staying on the medium with guy looking up and girl in the grass. When you shoot this summer, get some coverage for your editor. Close ups, extreme wides, ect. Audio was rough there - watch out with audio.

Having just come off two features, my advice is audio. You have a great camera with interesting angles. Doesn't look like you are casting but get decent audio above all else. It could mean being panned at a festival or getting honors. So crucial with indie film.

Lastly, I read the synopsis and was not convinced - it felt like there wasn't enough to drive them all to drive. Not telling you how to make your movie but watch some other films in a similar vain, "Ordinary People" comes to mind, something a little bit more contemporary is "Garden State." Nice site by the way.

Well, I wish you all the best of luck in production and one Washingtonian to another, figure out how you're going to feed your peeps if you don't have a budget. If you do get a budget, hire audio.

-C
Christopher Drews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 05:38 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Drews View Post
Nandan and Zach,

I instantly felt a connection with the music. It exactly matches the tone for a coming of age film / road tripper. That shot didn't seem that dynamic- staying on the medium with guy looking up and girl in the grass. When you shoot this summer, get some coverage for your editor. Close ups, extreme wides, ect. Audio was rough there - watch out with audio.

Having just come off two features, my advice is audio. You have a great camera with interesting angles. Doesn't look like you are casting but get decent audio above all else. It could mean being panned at a festival or getting honors. So crucial with indie film.

Lastly, I read the synopsis and was not convinced - it felt like there wasn't enough to drive them all to drive. Not telling you how to make your movie but watch some other films in a similar vain, "Ordinary People" comes to mind, something a little bit more contemporary is "Garden State." Nice site by the way.

Well, I wish you all the best of luck in production and one Washingtonian to another, figure out how you're going to feed your peeps if you don't have a budget. If you do get a budget, hire audio.

-C
After producing two micro-budget features, I have to agree; feeding your crew and hring audio are the two best pieces of advice you could listen to. My third piece of advice? Hire the best 1st Assistant Director you can find.
Old May 9th, 2009, 06:39 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Holmes View Post
After producing two micro-budget features, I have to agree; feeding your crew and hring audio are the two best pieces of advice you could listen to. My third piece of advice? Hire the best 1st Assistant Director you can find.
Hah! You're right about that Mark.
Did you get distro?
-C
Christopher Drews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 06:47 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Drews View Post
Hah! You're right about that Mark.
Did you get distro?
-C
Yep, on both. The second one, READY? OK!, just came out on DVD last month and is available on NetFlix, Amazon, and for download/purchase at the iTunes store and the Playstation store.

Ready? Ok! - Official Website of the Feature Film
Old May 10th, 2009, 12:01 AM   #7
Trustee

All the above advice is great. I still think the gorilla in the room is the name. Considering Land of the Lost with Will Ferrell is coming out this summer, you might want to reduce confusion in your audience and backers.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 03:48 PM   #8
New Boot

Hey all thanks for the feedback and advice...I really appreciate you taking the time to think of feedback and write it. Regarding the audio: that is exactly what we are trying to fundraise for, we have no audio equipment which is why it is terrible in the trailer. Most of our efforts for the next month are directed towards getting money for audio eq,and finding someone good to be our soundman...besides rehearsing that is. Luckily we have a small screw (the sound guy, me + actors (one of whom is the director)), and short, relaxed days, so food is taken care of easily...

Nandan
Nandan Rao is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery