PRO music Video with EOS5DMKII for MTV at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery

EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Post your 1D / 5D / 6D clips here... Vimeo links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old May 18th, 2009, 10:39 AM   #1
PRO music Video with EOS5DMKII for MTV
Denis Goria Denis Goria is offline May 18th, 2009, 10:39 AM

Hi guys, i've made this music video for european and US music television.
i'm french photographer and i've made this video for swedish heavy metal megastars (PAIN) with 3 EOS 5DMKII.

here is the link:
YouTube - PAIN - Monkey Business

no need to search for HD 720 or 1080p format, as the band is keeping it for a future release.

My goal was to make a real pro video who doesn't look like a canon GEEK tech demo, but a pro video who looks could be made with a more expensive camera. A real broadcast video.

The video will be broadcast this summer on few music television worldwide.
Best,
Denis.
Denis Goria, a Rockentroller Photographer | MySpace.com

The video have been recorded during the last Eureopean Tour with other megastar NIGHTWISH, in MArch. As we spend 2 evening in PAris, it was perfect to make the video.

The footages from backstage have been recorded during the tour, the part during the photoshoot/Cake session have been made with EF 50 L f1.2 with DOP 1.2 on tripod, the footage with cake in the shower and the "spanking" session are made with EF 17/40 f4 with DOP 4.0

The live video:
Day ONE:

Aftenoon, recording 3 sequences with playback music. 2 Sequences with 17/40 L f4 on Steadycam, 1 Sequence with 24/70 L f2.8, camera in hands (for more dynamic moves)

Evening (live with audience, real Show):

17/40 L f4.0 on steadycam, at same time, 24/70 L 2.8 on drummer side, and 70/200 IS L 2.8 on Tripod from the lighttable (for global panoramic view)

Day TWO:
Evening:

On stage, during the show, filming the band with steadycam and 17/40 L 4.0, at same time, 24/70 L 2.8 from 3/4 behind Drummer.

On next song, changing my lens to get some stock shot of audience with the 24/70 L 2.8 in hands to get dynamic view of audience.

28GB of footages,
Editing software: Premiere CS4
AFTER EFFECT CS4

Best,
Denis.

(ps: the band: PAIN on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads )

Denis Goria
Tourist
Views: 1331
Old May 18th, 2009, 01:01 PM   #2
Inner Circle

One problem with the 5D MkII on stage is that strobes catch only part of the frame. If you want a totally pro look, you might hand tweak the strobes to flash the whole frame white. It would be time consuming, but would help take the technology out of the viewing experience. You could even double the next or previous frame and flash that with some transparency to get whatever look that you want.
Old May 18th, 2009, 01:48 PM   #3
Tourist

yeah i know,

I wanted to make the correction, but the staff and some people on TV told it was looking great without the corrections because it's looks like STARWARS Laser Strobe !! ;)
THen, i kept the original strobe default and makes everybody happy !!! Life is so simple sometime !!

Best,
Denis.
Denis Goria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 02:15 PM   #4
Inner Circle

The strobes do have a raw look about them. Most of the TV audience will think they look cool. Only those of us who know camera technology will feel PAIN from those shots. ;)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery