Apocalypse (canon 5d mark II) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Post your 1D / 5D / 6D clips here... Vimeo links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old October 26th, 2009, 06:04 PM   #1
Apocalypse (canon 5d mark II)
Mikko Topponen Mikko Topponen is offline October 26th, 2009, 06:04 PM

:: HMC

You can find 1080p and 720p versions form our webpage. Here's a lowly youtube:

YouTube - Apocalypse

Somewhere in the distant future. A world under attack. A lone woman gazes into the abyss.

We are in the middle of writing our apocalyptic script and this was mainly a test film to see how far we could push our effects and production. We weren't even supposed to shoot this much, just mainly location scouting. But after we found a great area that reminded us slightly of the world from Fallout we also decided to film something. Everything slowed down to 25p to match PAL. A couple of shots with the Sony HC1.

Editing was consciously kept at a slow pace because it was new to us and I like to keep myself challenged. It's almost poem-like.

The bad guys here are slightly off, they come off as barbarians which was not planned. And I definitely don't like the way they run :9 . But we'll continue to plan our next bigger thing and learn from this experience!

Mikko Topponen
Regular Crew
Views: 1574
Old October 28th, 2009, 09:39 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Looks cool, nice atmosphere and fx.

I think I personally would like a bit more bleach bypass kinda effect with a bit more blueish of greenish tint instead of this purple/pink kinda look, but then again, that's personal.

If you guys manage to write a strong screenplay and cast some good actors, this will certainly have a lot of potential. good luck with all that.
Old October 28th, 2009, 11:37 AM   #3
Major Player

Really nice!
Nice tracking job, good FX and I liked the colouring. I have seen the bleach-bypass thing a gazillion times and I liked the slightly different look.

The light-stand as a weapon cracked me up, but it really did almost work for a unique weapon.

Better FX than I've seen in much higher budget movies. I agree with the above, a good script and cast will help take you far.

Good Show!
Matthew Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 01:31 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I loved the look, good luck with everything. What glass did you use?
Alexandru Cristescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 08:52 AM   #5
Major Player

OK, I was into it until I saw the "light stand gun". That killed it for me.

Sorry.

Daniel Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2009, 07:01 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Sorry for what? That was a tripod, not a light stand anyway and next time we'll just use...a bigger tripod!
Mikko Topponen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery