I Love the 5D and the glidecam- Latest SDE at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery

EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Post your 1D / 5D / 6D clips here... Vimeo links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old November 15th, 2009, 01:24 AM   #1
I Love the 5D and the glidecam- Latest SDE
Michael Gebben Michael Gebben is offline November 15th, 2009, 01:24 AM

Some little tid bits about that recent SDE.

Shot with the canon 7D and 5D.
Lenses used 50 1.4, 24-105 f4, 70-200 f4, 16-35 2.8
Edited in Sony Vegas
Cineform Neo Scene used to convert the files.
Glidecam 2000 used for flying :)
Cinevate Pegasus
Bogen monopod to keep things stable....

Michael Gebben
Regular Crew
Views: 3493
Old November 15th, 2009, 02:13 AM   #2
Trustee

Michael,

Very nice piece again. Loved the closing shot. And you're getting very good at flying on the 2000.

Question. When you do the SDE, are you cutting a longer form video after that, or are you strictly doing the highlight piece that you show here?

Thanks.

I want to watch it a few more times to see what lenses you are flying with. I was thinking about setting mine up with just one lens to get the settings right.
Old November 15th, 2009, 09:24 AM   #3
Major Player

Sensational! Very impressive. The bride/groom and family are going to flip over this.
John C. Chu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2009, 11:50 AM   #4
Major Player

Did you use the vest with the glidecam?
Old November 15th, 2009, 02:46 PM   #5
Trustee

The cinematography is stunning. You have obviously done a lot of weddings and become a master of this type of event in order to get the shots you need and edit them in such a short time frame.

The audio is inexcusable. I don't understand how you can get this type of video and not have so much as a single wireless lav fed into the camera to get clean sound.
Mike Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2009, 08:54 PM   #6
Major Player

The shots are amazing, and to get all of that in the moment, nice work, very nice. The ambient audio is a bit abrupt in those spots, I'd take the levels way down on those scenes, just enough to add to the moment, but not enough to be so abrupt maybe?
Bill Binder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2009, 10:07 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Great stuff, Michael! Amazing that you did all that in a day. Looks like a million bucks.

Gotta break out my own Glidecam...
Greg Joyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2009, 10:29 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Joyce View Post
Great stuff, Michael! Amazing that you did all that in a day. Looks like a million bucks.

Gotta break out my own Glidecam...
Thanks man I really appreciate the kind comments. With a wedding you just gotta go with the flow and you never know what your gonna get....
Michael Gebben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2009, 10:31 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Binder View Post
The shots are amazing, and to get all of that in the moment, nice work, very nice. The ambient audio is a bit abrupt in those spots, I'd take the levels way down on those scenes, just enough to add to the moment, but not enough to be so abrupt maybe?
Thanks, I'll def take that into consideration. I love things to be in the moment and almost never staged unless it is during and photo session and then I still try my best to keep it natural.
Old November 15th, 2009, 10:32 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Joseph View Post
Did you use the vest with the glidecam?
Just handheld.
Old November 15th, 2009, 10:35 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. Chu View Post
Sensational! Very impressive. The bride/groom and family are going to flip over this.
Actually I put it online friday night and was going to send them the link on monday and somehow on there honeymoon in the Domincan Republic right before they were going to come home they found it and posted it to there facebook pages. Before I know it in less then 3 days it already almost has 800 hits and over 23 comments between their two facebook pages :)

Plus they did love it that night when we showed it at their reception....
Old November 15th, 2009, 11:33 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Watson View Post
The cinematography is stunning. You have obviously done a lot of weddings and become a master of this type of event in order to get the shots you need and edit them in such a short time frame.

The audio is inexcusable. I don't understand how you can get this type of video and not have so much as a single wireless lav fed into the camera to get clean sound.
Thanks for the comment I really appreciate it. Yes we have shot quite a few weddings and you kind of learn how to anticipate things as much as possible. Plus I kind of know what I need for an edit so that helps to..Now as for the audio, that was straight from the camera and the only time I think it doesn't sound so good is during the time when she opens the gift but the people were so loud there wasn't a whole lot I could have done and I don't know what having a wireless lav would have done. The gift was totally unexpected and I would not have been able to get a mic on here nor would I ever have her wear a mic during preps anyways. It might not be perfect but it gets the job done.
Old November 16th, 2009, 12:19 AM   #13
Trustee

I shot news for a long time... Anticipation and "seeing the future" is what it's about. Seems that you can't teach it to people, they either have it or don't. You've definitely got it.

Can I ask why you wouldn't consider putting a lav mic on the bride for the bride shoot / groom for the groom shoot? Or perhaps a wired shotgun, held just out of shot? I don't think you have an appreciation for exactly how much better it would make the moments.
Mike Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 09:42 PM   #14
Regular Crew

I have a GREAT appreciation for good audio just during a wedding I guess the main times I consider it is during the ceremony and reception. During the ceremony I have two lavs on the groom, one on the pastor, one on the podium, and one where the music is. At the reception I usually tap into the DJ with a tascam dr-100, have a mic by the speaker, and sometimes put mics on the people giving the speeches. I guess just during the preps I try to keep things as low key and natural as I possibly can. But I do love good audio. Now I'm not saying the audio is perfect during the video but it is tolerable. During the opening of the gift when she is talking the camera is almost on top of her I don't any other mic would have drastically changed the sound, everyone around her was so loud. But what are you going to do it also came out of nowhere :)
Old November 24th, 2009, 07:23 PM   #15
Major Player

Say what?

It's the camera's crappy on-board audio that makes it suck (at those few specific moments). The solution would seem to me to be a better (still on camera, perhaps) mic. Issue addressed. I agree with you about not mic'ing the prep...and they (the bride/groom) won't even notice it (probably).

This is not a poor reflection of you, Michael; your video was excellent; the end product is amazing. I was bothered by the audio as well, but knew it was off the camera right away; and seriously - to have that moment at all is way cool. I still have no idea, having seen it twice, though, once here and once directly on vimeo, what that first blast of nat sound is all about, though.

Kill that speaker-phone mic soon as you can, imho! Keep up the good work.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery