Ad for iphone app at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Post your 1D / 5D / 6D clips here... Vimeo links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old February 25th, 2010, 04:44 AM   #1
Ad for iphone app
Ben Denham Ben Denham is offline February 25th, 2010, 04:44 AM

My first commercial shoot with the 5D II. I was going for a combination of showing-the-workings-of-the-app and having a bit of a visual hook to get people interested. "Scratching the world" sequence was done in after effects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFrUcmjsUiw

Ben Denham
Regular Crew
Views: 1998
Old February 28th, 2010, 11:37 PM   #2
Trustee

Nice.

It was a good 1:00, it would have been a better :30. I thought the dissolves would have worked better as cuts.

Nice concept (with the cars moving backwards and forward), I'd have liked to see more of it, and earlier.
Mike Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 01:30 PM   #3
Major Player

You didn't ask for opinions, so I'm hesitant to Reply here, but I agree with Mike in both aspects: hard cuts would work just fine here, and a LOT more scratching of The World would have made the spot much more interesting to me. Almost every shot held too long for a :60, so if you had birds flying forward and back, people walking, kids playing, a couple flirting/kissing, etc, this would have made the spot work better for me.

Good/fun concept, though. Keep up the good work!
Matthew Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2010, 09:56 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks to both of you for your responses. This is a new type of production for me so your feedback is appreciated. I'll have to go back to the edit to find that tighter and snappier version. Will post any updates here.
Ben Denham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2010, 12:27 PM   #5
Major Player

looking forward to the new version..

also.. i felt like the color was a little over saturated for my tastes.. I don't know if that was on purpose of it was because of the color profile / lens you used, but maybe dial it back a bit and correct his skin tones, it looks a bit orange.
Old March 10th, 2010, 07:26 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I used the 24-70mm L lens with a neutral profile, (I believe that sets saturation to zero). From what I've read the L's (and maybe canon lenses generally) tend to give you pretty saturated colours. I also remember reading users suggest a -3 value for saturation with the canon lenses. Maybe I'll post a regular thread asking what saturation values people are using with canon lenses.
Ben Denham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery