5D Mark II 30p vs. 5D Mark II 24p - Side-by-Side Scenes at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Post your 1D / 5D / 6D clips here... Vimeo links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old May 11th, 2010, 04:17 AM   #1
5D Mark II 30p vs. 5D Mark II 24p - Side-by-Side Scenes
Gregory Storm Gregory Storm is offline May 11th, 2010, 04:17 AM

We shot two scenes. One scene used the 5D Mark II before the firmware upgrade and shot true 30p. The other scene had the firmware upgrade and shot 24p. Which scene do you think was 24p?

Zimm The Series – Female Version Screen Test Zimm The Web Series

Zimm The Series – Male Version Screen Test Zimm The Web Series

I'm happy that Canon gave us the firmware upgrade adding 24p, but I would have rather had 60p than 24p. I never had a problem with the look of the 5D Mark II 30p. I doubt any non-filmmaker, regular viewer would be able to tell the difference between the camera's 24p or 30p.

Gregory Storm
New Boot
Views: 2768
Old May 11th, 2010, 07:23 AM   #2
Regular Crew

looks good so far. Have to say the entire cast of the female screen was MUCH better.
Brant Gajda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2010, 05:27 PM   #3
New Boot

We had over 3000 views and hundreds of comments and overwhelmingly people chose the Female Version, so the role of Zimm will be played by her.
Gregory Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:50 AM   #4
Major Player

Congrats on making the "right" decision. ;-)
That actress nailed it, in my opinion. She was though enough, but also just quirky (read, "different") enough to I didn't think, "Seen it a dozen times."

I look forward to seeing how your project progresses.
Matthew Roddy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery