5D strapped to princess wagon, IS rules. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery

EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Post your 1D / 5D / 6D clips here... Vimeo links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old June 25th, 2010, 02:47 PM   #1
5D strapped to princess wagon, IS rules.
Jeffrey Butler Jeffrey Butler is offline June 25th, 2010, 02:47 PM

Just thought I'd share this project. I was impressed with several things, but mostly (technically speaking) the image stabilizer on the 24-105. There is no Smoothcam on the runs. The 5D did remarkably well - also, I think this is the first time I've been impressed with the onboard mic output. The camera mic, rightfully so, gets a lot of grief - but in this case, being hurled down a hill on a hood, captured the audio quite well...

The camera was on a Miller D10 with a simple tie down on the the hood of the plastic car...pretty fun. Speeds are 30mph easy. Biggest thing to realize for me was that the zoom lens can actually "fall" forward/out if there is sufficient vibration (there was). That really blew a portion of this, but I worked it in to the "story". I used zip ties the day of to lock it down.

Attached Thumbnails
5D strapped to princess wagon, IS rules.-princess_wagon.jpg   5D strapped to princess wagon, IS rules.-princess_wagon2.jpg  

Jeffrey Butler
Major Player
Views: 2602
Old June 28th, 2010, 08:58 PM   #2
Trustee

Jeff,

That was great... a little crazy, but pretty funny.

I don't think I'd have the nerve to do it even WITHOUT a 5d strapped to the hood.
Old June 28th, 2010, 09:56 PM   #3
Inner Circle

You gave us all a good laugh.

Thank goodness there are crazy, funny, heartfelt good peple left in this world. Daughter hugging her hero Dad., Priceless.

You brightened the day with this one.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2010, 12:39 AM   #4
Major Player

Thin purple line

Heh. Thanks guys. I think a subtle difference between insanity and genius is merely success. This time I was closer to success. Isn't that lens impressive though? Oh, for the 16-35....

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery