Girls, Guns, and a 5D at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery

EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Post your 1D / 5D / 6D clips here... Vimeo links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old December 22nd, 2011, 03:24 PM   #1
Girls, Guns, and a 5D
Alik Griffin Alik Griffin is offline December 22nd, 2011, 03:24 PM

I love the 5D and here is why. :)

An Ultra Violent Xmas Story - YouTube

Alik Griffin
New Boot
Views: 6646
Old December 27th, 2011, 12:22 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Girls, Guns, and a 5D

Alik,

That's not my thing, but it is very good for what it is. And you are getting better at it.

Keep at it...
Old December 27th, 2011, 05:08 PM   #3
Major Player

If you had ever actually been in a firefight, seen anyone shot to pieces, or heard the sound of bullets tearing through human flesh (I have), you might not find this as funny as you seem to.

I for one don't get the attraction. But I'm only one person, so...
Charles Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2011, 03:39 AM   #4
Inner Circle

It's just a movie charles :)

This type of film is not my cup of tea either but must say the images look nice and colorful.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #5
Major Player

In my most humble opinion, i've seen much better use of the 5D.
Jordan Brindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2012, 05:28 AM   #6
Major Player

i view this piece as a reflection of how a militarized, 'reality' tv infested, casually violent, and demeaning/objectifying to women society has pushed the lowest common denominator infinitely lower.
it made me really sad, and 'it's just a movie' somehow diminishes the role media has played in the decay of societal values and vise versa.
i too love the 5D, and would like to see it rather used for a better purpose.
i understand that this forum is not one for politics, but i do think that a discussion of media's role in society should have some small place here.
As creators, i think we have a responsibility to be open to such a discussion about what we create, why we create it, and what we think it brings to world (or what it takes away from it...).
Moderators: please do not delete this post.
Alik: i would love to hear about your creative vision, and please do not take personal offence to my critique.
Brian David Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #7
Trustee

This is a worthy discussion, and I hope the mods leave it. Alik's piece is a good example of the exploitation of both Sex and Violence. And it is ironic that real soldiers die, and real families suffer tragic losses while defending the rights of freedom that include the right for artistic expression.

"I don't agree with what you say, but will defend to the death, your right to say it".

My sense is that Alik and his friends are young, don't have the sensibility to realize that their time and talents could be spent on something that would have a more positive influence.

In contrast, here is link to a piece I recently watched called "Playing Soldier", that was produced by a 16-year old DVi memeber, Michael Rees.

Playing Soldier - Short Film by Michael Rees - YouTube
Old January 9th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #8
Major Player

Playing Soldier was a nicely done piece, especially given the age of its creator.

There are some war movies that are very well done... Saving Private Ryan comes to mind.

I'll get off my soap box now.

Oo-rah,
"Doc" I-Corps, '66-'68
Charles Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:56 PM   #9
New Boot

It's just a parody on the Christmas story, we just took it a step further to try something a little more experimental and bold. Yea I do agree with you Charles, It did come out a bit more violent then we wanted it too. We definitely didn't mean to offend anyone. I can't imagine what it would be like to live through a violent situation like what you've been in, and hope I never have too. Thanks for watching, and I appreciate the feedback.
I'm posting something a little more upbeat shoot on the 5D that I think you will like.
Alik Griffin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery