A cool way to carry laptop while shooting at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old November 21st, 2007, 06:25 AM   #1
Tourist

A cool way to carry laptop while shooting

I found this laptop case that allows you to free your hands while shooting your video.

I think this is the best solution for those whom want to record Direct-to-Disk, or use the laptop as a monitor:

http://www.ruggedtech.com/latop_cases.html

What do you think?
Abo Hisham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2007, 03:21 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Sweetest thing ever...i always wondered where you could find one of these things...

Good find
Dale Backus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2007, 03:04 AM   #3
Major Player

Looks cool, but what about intake fans on the underside of the laptop? Or exhaust vents on the side/back of it? If the laptop can't breathe, it will shutdown and in rare cases, burn out. :(

How would you keep the 4 pin firewire cable attached while moving? Mine comes out with the laptop sitting on my desk. :(

It would be nice for 2 people with a long firewire cable if the above things could be fixed. Not so nice to carry a camera and a laptop on the same shoulders, you'd tip over after a while. ;)

Eric
Eric Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2008, 11:07 PM   #4
New Boot

You could use it with StreamPix3 and the Cineform codec to record from an HDTV camera directly on your laptop.

http://www.norpix.com/press_release/2008_03_10.php

We support many HDTV cameras such as Sumix, Prosilica, Basler, Imperx.
Luc Nocente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:08 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc Nocente View Post
You could use it with StreamPix3 and the Cineform codec to record from an HDTV camera directly on your laptop.

http://www.norpix.com/press_release/2008_03_10.php

We support many HDTV cameras such as Sumix, Prosilica, Basler, Imperx.
It doesn't say what Operating Systems are supported in the press release or the download page.

I have 'a quad core desktop' here as the page mentions, but it doesn't say Apple on the side of it. Would this work with that? I also have a 3.46GHz laptop, and this specifies 2.4GHz laptop for use. Same question for this machine. :)

Eric
Eric Shepherd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics