New HDV hard disc recording device... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old February 25th, 2008, 08:05 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Ahh! Roger that! That is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Frost View Post
I think you're talking about the maximum partition size... not the maximum file size, which is 4GB (minus 1 byte) for FAT32.

(source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Allocation_Table)
Old March 5th, 2008, 12:51 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I'd have to guess that it will shoot 24f/30f but your going to be dealing with pull down if it really will do it.

I wonder if it'll have a 1 frame glitch when you hit the 4gb limit and it starts a new clip or if it'll properly buffer everything.
Samuel Hinterlang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 09:54 AM   #18
Regular Crew

I also have the A1 and shoot 30F. I wonder about Windows compatability. The site only seems to talk about Mac.
Steve Sobodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 06:06 PM   #19
New Boot

They have a new SSD version out:

http://mcetech.com/quickstreamdv-hdv/qsss.html

It's available in two sizes:

-2 hour ($1799)
-4 hour ($2799)

The advantages are (1) it's completely silent and (2) it's impervious to movement since it's SSD, not HDD. Although for that price, I feel like I should be getting an HDMI recorder, not a Firewire recorder!

Has anyone picked a QuickStreamHDV up yet? It seems like the easiest solution for going tapeless, but there's next to no information available on the new models. I want to know how much noise the HDD-based models make...my external onboard mic picks up my HV20's tape noise, so having a silent recorder would be a huge, huge plus. However, if only the SSD version is silent, I might as well save up for a Red Scarlet!
David Twelves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2008, 01:57 PM   #20
Regular Crew

quickstream....

The quickstream records in high definition in m2t files, and dv in qt files. Does FCp natively work with m2t files? Vegas does, but with the sony ex1, you have to convert those m2t files into qt files that fcp will recognize. Or does one simply do a log and transfer and change the files via pro rez 422?
Jerry Mennenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 08:18 AM   #21
Major Player

The battery, that they show on the Quickstream, looks like my DPS9000, that I use on my
still cameras.

Unfortunately, The DPS9000, is 7.2v, so, I guess they may have higher voltage batteries/current capacity, in the unit they sell, for that $99.

My two my DPS9000's cost $49, each, so one recharges, the other is being used.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics