New Sager laptop with HDMI input! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics

Old May 6th, 2010, 09:33 AM   #1
Regular Crew

New Sager laptop with HDMI input!

Don't know if anyone here likes or knows about the Clevo based laptops from Sager, but the new NP8120 has an HDMI input. Also can be outfitted with 3 internal sata HDs and comes standard with dual NVIDIA GTX285m in SLI! Wonder if the mobile versions of the Nvidia cards are supported by Adobe's Mercury engine? Anyways, can't find specific info about the HDMI input other than it is HDCP compatible. I have owned a Sager for about a year and I freakin love it!
Thomas Barthle Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 10:15 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Sager = Killer Laptops!

I have a Sager Core2Quad w/3 hd's installed and have nothing but good things to say about them.
Here's the new one...
Sager NP8120 - Gaming Laptop
Powernotebooks service is great too.
This unit maxed out is just shy of $5k! :~)
Old May 6th, 2010, 10:35 AM   #3
Regular Crew

That is actually who I got mine from. Donald is great and actually talked me out of spending my money on something that I would not need. I don't plan on buying another laptop for a while but I hope this is the start of capture cards being built into the machines.
Thomas Barthle Jr. is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics