control room master record & import into FCP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 19th, 2011, 08:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

control room master record & import into FCP

Seeking to record master program from a vision mixer, anticipate mixer output: HD-SDI or component analogue, recorder will also need to transfer the program into Apple FCS for post.

Decks? Had quick look at: Sony PDW-F75 XDCAM disc or PMW-EX30 SxS deck.

While the EX30 seems flexible the SxS media isn't cheap nor permanent so the shelf archive is not created at time of record. On the other hand it would be fast to import into FCS via PXU-MS240 (eSata) and I guess the MS240 carts could also become the shelf archives (but bit exxy) and an additional copy step required after each program.

With XDCAM disc my concern is slow import into FCS - I'm assuming I could take the disc out and load into our PDW-U1...but over USB2 how long would 1 hr program take to ingest into FCP?
F75 has optional Gigabit which would speed things up.

Last edited by Mark Joseph; March 20th, 2011 at 03:42 AM.
Mark Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2011, 06:59 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: control room master record & import into FCP

Dear Mark,

You could use the nanoFlash, which records to CompactFlash cards.

Then the files on the cards can be transferred to you computer via a CompactFlash card reader, there are many types and speeds. This transfer can be faster than real-time.

Then the files can be dragged and dropped into Final Cut Pro.

In this forum, there is a nanoFlash subforum.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics