BNC to Firewire to laptop for streaming to LiveStream? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:59 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: BNC to Firewire to laptop for streaming to LiveStream?

Ah, great tip!

Fortunately, my old powerbook has the 8-pin.

Makes me wonder if the new Mac powerbooks still have the firewire 400 8-pin? Maybe they only have the firewire 800 these days?

That's something to consider when I finally upgrade I suppose; ahhh, it looks like they do care 800 to 400 firewire cables! Nice. :)

Thanks again Hart and Chris, I really appreciate your help! ;)

Have a great week.

Cheers,
Micky
Old May 15th, 2011, 06:02 PM   #17
Major Player

Re: BNC to Firewire to laptop for streaming to LiveStream?

I do this with a Grass Valley / Canopus a/d converter. Your 800 firewire port will work fine with a 9pin to 6pin cable.

The XHA1 will also work as a pass-through converter via firewire - but you have to go into the menu and turn on the av input-to-dv output each time you connect - and you need a signal coming in for it to work.
Chuck Fadely is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics