Battery and connection cable for Flash XDR? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics

Old March 20th, 2014, 09:04 PM   #1
New Boot

Battery and connection cable for Flash XDR?

Hi everyone,

I finally decided to take the plunge into tapeless recording. I just replaced my XL H1A with an XLH1s and also got one of Convergent’s Flash XDR devices. Unfortunately, I still need to get a battery, charger, and suitable connection cable, so I can use the Flash XDR in a portable manner. I’m mainly going to use it for wildlife/nature cinematography.

I looked at various old threads. I think something like the battery below would work well for me.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/555121-REG/Anton_Bauer_ELIPZ_10K_PACKAGE_ELIPZ10KPACKAGE_Battery_and_Charger.html
However, I couldn’t find a suitable cable to attach the Flash XDR to that battery. In a thread, I read the Elipz to 4-Pin XLR would work, but I couldn’t find that cable in my online searches.

Any advice on suitable battery/charger/cable combinations? Most of the threads I’ve found on the topic are a few years old. Thanks!

Regards,
Tristan
Tristan A. Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2014, 07:39 PM   #2
New Boot

Re: Battery and connection cable for Flash XDR?

It took a few weeks, but I finally found a satisfactory setup for my Flash XDR. I got a 5.8-pound Bescor MM-9XLRNC Starved Electrolyte Battery that came with both a charger and an appropriate connecting cord. It was about $118 on B&H. That's a tremendous bargain compared to some of the lithium ion solutions I was investigating. It powers my Flash XDR for about 4 hours or so, though I have to wear it on a leather belt. It's heavy, but with the battery on a belt, and my Flash XDR in a shoulder bag, I can be reasonably mobile.
Tristan A. Howard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics