Lightest battery solution with d-tap at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 13th, 2016, 06:17 AM   #1
Tourist

Lightest battery solution with d-tap

Hi all
I want to make a very light camera right that supports a shogun via d-tap. I'm basically looking for a very light weight battery pack with d-tap, I really don't want a standard chunky anton bauer/vmount battery.

Anyone got any suggestions of an alternative or a very light weight lower capacity battery of the types mentioned ?
Adam Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2016, 02:34 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Lightest battery solution with d-tap

The SWIT S-8U93 is exactly what you're looking for. If you have an A7S/A7R/a6300, it has a USB charge port that can supply the camera with power at the same time as supplying D-tap. And if you use a battery plate for the Shogun, you can add another thing to the spare D-tap on the battery.

S-8U93 86Wh Battery For Sony BP-U Series

It charges in a Sony BC-U1 charger.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2016, 08:09 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Lightest battery solution with d-tap

Zacuto has a small battery that rides on 15 in. rods.
Jim Michael is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics