Convergent Nanoflash Firmware at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 12th, 2022, 10:55 AM   #1
New Boot

Convergent Nanoflash Firmware

Hi: Anyone have a copy of the latest NanoFlash firmware they can share with me? I believe it is version 1.6.248 although I think I have seen mention of a 1.6.249 also.

Thanks
Michael Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2022, 07:37 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Convergent Nanoflash Firmware

To the best of my knowledge, the final firmware version for the NanoFlash was v1.6.248 back in 2018. I never heard of or saw a v249 and I was pretty particular in keeping my kit updated with the latest firmware. I have this if you are interested.

Chris Young
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2022, 01:18 PM   #3
New Boot

Fantastic! Yes, I would like a copy of it. Let me see if I can PM my email address to you, or it may be easier to use google drive?
Michael Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2022, 11:29 PM   #4
Trustee

Sent you mail via DVInfo with my Sendspace server DL link Michael. Glad could help. Enjoy!

Chris Young.
Old March 13th, 2022, 04:02 PM   #5
Tourist

Hello,

Could I also ask for copy of NanoFlash v1.6.248 firmware file? I tried to look for it but so far no luck.

Thank you very much
Mark Jackobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2022, 09:51 PM   #6
Trustee

Yes, Mark no problems.

Here is the download link. I'll leave it up for a couple of weeks in case anyone else needs it. Update v1.6.248 plus the manual plus the release notes plus the update PDFs are all included. Also in the ZIP file is Convergents .MOV to .MXF converter utility and its documentation. Good luck.

Download URL
https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/hi0zvw

Chris Young
Old March 14th, 2022, 04:50 AM   #7
Tourist

Thank you very much for the firmware file, converter and documentation !
Mark Jackobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2022, 08:44 PM   #8
Trustee

Happy to help.

Chris Young
Old January 13th, 2023, 02:48 AM   #9
Tourist

Thanks for the 1.6.248 files, Chris. Any chance you also have the latest firmware for the 3D version? The Nanoflash I just picked up is stuck on 1.6.246 and has the infamous Playback Loop bug.

Cheers!
David Kolbowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2023, 09:29 AM   #10
Trustee

Sorry no. A few people have asked me for .246, but I've never had it. I do know the importers fairly well. Well, they were the importers when CD were a functioning video equipment supplier. I'll reach out to the dealer principal who I know really well and see if they still have any of the software on hand or archived. Will keep you posted. Should know within the next 24 hours.

Chris Young
Old January 17th, 2023, 04:05 AM   #11
Trustee

David

Just heard back from the Aussie distributor. They don't have a copy of .246. They also checked with CD in the States, and it was a zero-sum game there. Would have thought to keep a bit of SW wouldn't have been too big an issue. Sorry to be of no help.

Chris Young
Old January 19th, 2023, 04:09 PM   #12
Tourist

Thanks for checking, Christopher, but I am not after .246 3D. That's what I have. I need .248 3D (or whatever the last version ended up being). Am presuming that the importers that you queried would have stated if they had any version of the 3D FW, correct?

Yeah, CD oddly refuses to return emails. I tried them first. I wonder if there are legal reasons for them ONLY hosting updates for the Odyssey.

Worst case, have you heard of anyone successfully installing the regular .248 FW on a 3D unit? (Only one of my two Nanoflashes is the 3D version so it would be no loss to lose the 3D functionality.) Don't want to brick it, though.
Old January 20th, 2023, 07:15 AM   #13
Trustee

To the best of my knowledge, 246 was the last of the 3D and 248 the very last of the standard Nano firmware. I have updated a number of Nanos over the years and never had an issue updating them. If you were to run 248 on your looping 246 (you do have LOOP function turned off I guess) I would imagine you would be fine... but hey, no guarantees.

Chris Young

The last firmware versions are still listed here, but all the links are dead, sadly.
Convergent-Design > nanoFlash 1 ???
Old January 21st, 2023, 03:13 PM   #14
Tourist

Thanks again, Chris!

That's valuable information. Yeah, have the Loop Play option disabled and tried all resetting options. Installing .248 on the non-3D stopped the problem cold so will weigh out my options. Possible bricking vs slight nuisance. If I go through with the upgrade, will post back the results so future visitors can know.
Old January 22nd, 2023, 08:17 AM   #15
Trustee

I meant to mention that a few Nanos I've seen in the past that had some nondescript, hard to pin down issues were suffering failed backup batteries. You can easily see if your battery had died if it doesn't remember settings, time code etc. Replacing the batteries seemed to cure most Nano problems in most cases. It's a relatively simple job if you go slowly and can use a soldering iron. It's all explained in this video how to go about it. The battery required is this one.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/322905445007

If replacing the battery, don't try to unsolder the battery contacts at the board. It's easier and there is less risk of lifting a solder pad on the board if you just cut the battery contact legs above the board and solder the new battery onto the now protruding battery legs sticking out of the board.

Check this video from 5:52 onwards to see the board and battery setup.

Good luck.

Chris Young

Christopher Young is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics