External Firewire HD hotswap between Mac/PC? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 1st, 2007, 02:54 AM   #16
New Boot

External Firewire HD hotswap between Mac/PC?

It's my understanding that a PC with the right software can see the Mac's firewire output as a digital video device via the capture program.
Correct me if I am wrong but would it not be possible to simply "print to" the PC's capture program from the FCP timeline with the finished DV file?

Apologies if this sounds ridiculous.
Jeffery Haas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2007, 05:27 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I would say format on a PC using FAT32 filesystem.
Make sure that you set the cluster size to the largest possible value (64K, I think). This makes a big difference when writing large files. I don't think many standard PC formatting utilities support setting large cluster sizes. You may need to use a program like Partition Magic for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor Roberts View Post
If it is under 1 hour, i export as 8MBPS / LPCM audio
It it is over 1 hour, i export as 6MBPS / LPCM audio
etc...
Why not AC3 for audio? LPCM audio is very space-hungry; DVD doesn't allow for that.
Maksim Yankovskiy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics