Direct to Edit at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 18th, 2007, 04:24 PM   #1
Major Player

Direct to Edit

I am wanting to move to DTE and need some input. I have read over several different postings on Focus, Nnovia, etc...kind of makes your head spin. Wanted to post here since I am using FCP5 I have Canon Xl2 and Sony Z1u's. I am thinking of waiting on the new Sony hard disk recorder (HVR-DR60) for the Z1u's. BH Photo has these on 6-10 week backorder.

(1) Anyone had a chance to use the Sony DR60 or read any reviews?
(2) Opinion on the best hard disk recorder for the XL2?

I am open to your advise and valuable expertise.
Thank you in advance.
John
John Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 08:48 PM   #2
Major Player

Search for the posts I made about the Nnovia drives; they're bigger but I now own five of them and they're great.

The Sony DR60 has been postponed, again, until the 2nd/3rd week of February and since Sony has a backorder already, most consumers won't be able to get one until the beginning of March due to apparent demand.
Marshall Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 08:32 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Marshall. I will probably get the nNovia for the XL2. What would you recommend for a setup for attaching the device to the camera. Also, my thoughts are to take my Macbook Pro with me and download the footage. I primarily shoot weddings and thought I would get the footage off of the nNovia before the reception and to work toward a same day edit. I may put my name on the waiting list for the DR60.
John Moon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > External Recording Various Topics