DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old July 3rd, 2011, 12:34 PM   #1
Sponsor: Westside AV

My feedback to Apple

Now that Apple is accepting feedback specific to FCPX I sent them my first impressions:

"I never really liked FCP to cluttered. I have been using it since V1 just to be compatible and out of curiosity. My main NLE is M100, much faster cleaner and no rendering, or crashes.

But I use FCP on about 30% of my projects. I have 3 edit suites with M100 Kona and Matrox hardware, and I use MBPs in the field with M100 and FCP, one of the M100 suites also has FCP 7.0.3 installed with a MX02 interface.

This is the first version of FCP I really like.

The DB driven media management is fantastic, I love the magnetic TL. I can work really fast and accurately. And I am sure it will only get better in new updates.

The integration with Motion is very nice.

To me simpler is better as long as you can do all you need to do and I think you have done it well.

The CC is very good right in FCPX and so is the keying, especially in Motion. Great Job. Scopes are fantastic.

I am sure AJA, BM and Matrox etc will have good drivers for their hardware soon. Please help them any way you can.

I like the Thunderbolt concept, now if we could have 2 channels on MBP's so we can have fast RAIDS and NTSC/PAL video interfaces it would be great.

The two problems that really need to be resolved are some type of XML import, I have lots of projects both in M100 and in FCP that are more than an hour long, and they get updated several times a year. I would love to have a possibility of importing those with literally hundreds of edits, it does not have to be perfect, but there must be a way to do it. And we need to be able to export just part of a timeline, this is crucial for me.

Also there should be better ways of deciding what projects and events are displayed, so competing clients don't see each others names/media/projects. Other than moving events out of folders etc.

I think this is a great start. And I think editors will come around, everyone screams for change and when they get it they initially hate it. But I think you have a great product here. Thanks. And good luck, I like the APP store system too."
Old July 3rd, 2011, 03:00 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: My feedback to Apple

I would love to give my feedback to them as well. Where do you send it?
Old July 3rd, 2011, 03:06 PM   #3
Sponsor: Westside AV

Louis,

Apple - Final Cut Pro - Feedback

Use the popup to set to FCP v10
Old July 3rd, 2011, 08:41 PM   #4
MPS Digital Studios

Nice feedback, Olof. I'm impressed you're using Media 100 -- I tried out a beta a couple of years ago and dug it.

Heath
Old July 11th, 2011, 04:24 PM   #5
Major Player

I learned how to edit in high school on a Media 100. Great system, but when I went to buy my own (in 2003) all I could afford was Final Cut Express at the time, so I stuck with that and upgraded to Final Cut Studio as time went on.

I miss Media 100. I know it's still around, but I can't justify buying it at this point.
Steve Benner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2011, 01:51 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olof Ekbergh View Post
Louis,

Apple - Final Cut Pro - Feedback

Use the popup to set to FCP v10
Thanks for the link. I have been having fun feeding back to Apple. Serious suggestions, of course.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X