DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old July 21st, 2011, 06:02 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Surround audio monitoring in FCPX?

I have an 8-core Xeon-based Mac Pro running Snow Leopard with all the updates. I just put FCPX on the machine and find that there's much to be impressed with. It ain't finished yet, but what I see so far I like.

I've been monitoring my audio with a M-Audio Firewire 410 running six discreet channels in a 5.1 surround sound arrangement. When I run FCPX, I see the 5.1 meters running on all channels, but I only hear two channels.

Is this one of the issues we know about with FCPX, or am I missing something? In other words, is this related to the fact that FCPX does not allow monitoring through Matrox, etc., boxes yet? I expected X to not allow me to output video, but I wasn't expecting my surround system to be nixed.
Steven D. Martin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X