Can't break up Compound Clips at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old October 18th, 2011, 12:38 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Can't break up Compound Clips

So, weird thing is going on right now. I'm working on a project Right now, and I had collapsed some things down into Compound Clips. Now I want to break them apart and change some things, which I've done plenty of time in other situations, but it won't let me. When I select the compound clip and right click, the options to break apart clip items is dark, and it won't let me click it or use the hot key. This is odd. There another compound clip in the same project that I can break apart no problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old October 18th, 2011, 12:57 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Can't break up Compound Clips

Figured this one out on my own eventually, but thought I would leave this up in ase anyone else runs into this issue.

After grouping the clips together, I had retimed the whole connected clip. apparently once you do that, you can't break it apart. Once I had set the time back to 100%, I was able to break the clips back apart.

Live and learn. Fun times with X!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X