How good is the "single step" Keying filter in Motion 5? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old February 8th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #1
Major Player

How good is the "single step" Keying filter in Motion 5?

I've got a green screen job coming up this week. Last time I did one, I used the Primatte RT keyer in Motion 3 and it gave an excellent result. But it was very onerous to animate the B-Spline Mask Tool as a part of getting such a good result.

I don't have Motion 5, but I noticed that the blurb in the App Store for Motion 5 says, "Stunning Effects: Create an accurate chroma key in a single step with the new Keying filter."

So, before I drop $51.99 on getting Motion 5 (and I'd only be getting it for the single-step keyer), I was wondering what sort of results people were getting with this new keyer in Motion 5.

Does it give a really good result (assuming the green screen footage is reasonably well-shot)?

As good (or better?) than the Primatte RT keyer in earlier Motion versions?

Thanks very much in advance to anyone who responds with their experiences.
David Knaggs is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X