DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old April 10th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #1
Major Player

10.0.4 Update

New update in the App Store. This version brings "stability and performance" improvements.
Ryan Douthit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: 10.0.4 Update

I've only used it to cut a quick project since updating, but one thing I noticed is the Blade tool seems to work a bit differently. Now I have to click once to set the position (even if the playhead is already placed) then click the video clip to cut the video. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature yet.

On the upside: I can come back to FCP X after not using it for a couple hours and it's ready to go... no more "Zombie mode" when trying to wake back up.
Old April 11th, 2012, 09:08 AM   #3
Major Player

The update breaks Magic Bullet Looks and Sapphire Edge.

It is even more problematic with my Quadro 4000 than 10.0.3. Lots of beachballs and crashes.

Crashes with Quartz Composer plug-ins (FxFactory and related plug ins).

AJA users should update to the Kona 10.3 drivers.

While it has been good for others, this update has been very problematic for me.

Ned Soltz
Ned Soltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 09:44 AM   #4
Major Player

Yeah, it broke Magic Bullet Looks for me; the image is flipped upside down. Very weird.

Hopefully a fix is on the way because I need to use a preset I had made a for an upcoming music video; I rely on MBL a lot these days....
Simon Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 10:37 AM   #5
New Boot

Red Giant sent an email saying not to update to 10.0.4 until they can patch things on their end. Also other 3rd party plugins may not work.... seems like Apple changed something under the hood.
Michael Hendzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 10:58 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Wood View Post
Yeah, it broke Magic Bullet Looks for me; the image is flipped upside down. Very weird.

Hopefully a fix is on the way because I need to use a preset I had made a for an upcoming music video; I rely on MBL a lot these days....
It is just the preview image that is affected, the actual clips render fine. I know it's a pain but it doesn't 100% stop you using it
Steve Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hendzel View Post
Red Giant sent an email saying not to update to 10.0.4 until they can patch things on their end. Also other 3rd party plugins may not work.... seems like Apple changed something under the hood.
Funny, I didn't get that email. (sigh...)
Old April 11th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #8
Trustee

Been editing all day with it and so far things seem fairly stable. Maybe it's just the particular project but I'm also getting fewer program freezes.

One thing that got messed up for me in this version is changing the transform variables on a clip when the speed has been altered. If the clip already has a speed change and I try to crop/move/scale the clip, it just doesn't work. A workaround I found was to change the speed back to 100%, make the transformations and then re-apply the speed effect.
Old April 12th, 2012, 03:39 AM   #9
Trustee

On the other hand, a revision to Magic Bullet Looks 2.0 would seem to be a good idea. I've been having Gamma problems with MBL2 in FCPX to the extent I've put it aside until it's fixed.

At least I can work with captions, now. No five minute waits for a name tag to type out. Sheesh, I might even be brave and start using compound clips next...
Old April 16th, 2012, 10:26 AM   #10
Regular Crew

MBL is also having upside odwn preview files for me. But like someone already said, you can still edit in it, and when it send the image back to FCPX, everything is totally normal. Pain in the ass for the moment, but still usable...
Old April 16th, 2012, 10:45 AM   #11
Major Player

Red Giant released an update that fixed Magic Bullet Looks. Back to normal now.
Simon Wood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X