Future Features of FCP X - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:36 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Future Features of FCP X

When it comes to something new, Apple would never reveal until release.

Lots of things point to his feeling being correct though. Of course there are a few areas where this could happen. Logic Pro X is a given but that may not be the new applications as many would find that just an upgrade. One area I think is possible centers around Event/Project management tied to server/san abilities they've built into Lion and are probably expanding on in Mountain Lion.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 12:31 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Seeman View Post
Apple has said audio mixing coming this year for FCPX but no date.
My hunch is that they may be in tandem with Logic Pro X but Apple didn't mention that specifically.
They did say there would be another application coming.
Given that we also use as many copies of Logic, this worries me somewhat if Logic Pro X proves as much of a departure and premature release as FCPX. On the other hand genuine integration could be very good. One thing I've always wanted is to be able to do is slave FCP and Logic together so one could work on the final(ish) sound mix simultaneously with image editing, something that surprisingly few others seem interested in due to the nature of labour divisions I guess.
Geoffrey Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 12:41 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Actually I've heard that Apple is being much more careful about Logic. That's why Logic Pro 9 appeared in the App Store rather than rushing out Logic Pro X.

I think Logic Pro X will still with traditional audio tool sets.
My speculation
I think at the time Logic Pro X comes out the "send to" functions will return to FCPX (send to Motion, Send to Logic). This will mean further improvements in FCPX XML which is why we haven't seen it for Motion. It ain't happening until they get the communication working with Logic Pro X.
What will happen is that when they introduce the Audio featured alluded to in the Larry Jordan talk (they've spoken to others about this. It's just that Larry posted first), it will mean XML implementation so that the mix can be sent over to Logic Pro X.
Apple is taking a fair amount of time with Logic Pro X as it will be a significant upgrade as, Like FCPX, it will probably tie deeply into AVFoundation and the OS. I don't think they will break from traditional functions but it may include a lot of SoundTrack Pro, which had been included as a separate tool as part of the Logic Audio Suite. They're probably adding a lot of audio for video functionality. This functionality will be extended beyond what it does now (my guess) with AVFoundation.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X