complete list of transitions, effects, etc. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old May 25th, 2012, 09:28 AM   #1
Major Player

complete list of transitions, effects, etc.

Has anyone come across a master list of the built-in effects, transitions, generators, etc in FCP X (and, preferably, also Motion 5)? I could type it up myself, but I thought Apple or someone else would already have it.
Philip Fass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2012, 06:33 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: complete list of transitions, effects, etc.

all transitions, effects etc. are listed in FCPX. Its also searchable by words (not keywords unless assigned one in a self created transition etc.)

There is a little magic wand looking thing on the right side toolbar above your storyline. Click that and start browsing. I don't understand why you would need a list on a word document etc.

In motion 5, you can create virtually anything you want. Motion 5 isn't for just copying and pasting an effect without you modifing it. If you bought with "copy and paste" intentions, then you wasted your money. FCPX built in effects/transitions should suit you just fine.

Or maybe I'm missing something about your intentions?
Caleb Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2012, 08:02 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: complete list of transitions, effects, etc.

Well, I still buy printed books, print PDFs of certain things, and generally like to have some info on paper. I would like to think about and imagine potentially useful effects and transitions in my projects when I'm away from the computer.
Philip Fass is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X