I Have Switched To FCPX, Here Are My Reasons... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old October 24th, 2012, 06:04 AM   #1
Major Player

I Have Switched To FCPX, Here Are My Reasons...

Well I am very comfortable with PPcs6. I was a heavy FCP7 user. Switched because FCPX kinda scared me with such a big change. However, Just watched the training on FCPX and decided to try it out. After a few days of using FCPX I realize a few things.

Comparing PPcs6 to FCPX on a "editor" basis ONLY. That means, no dynamic link, and no encore or after effects. Editor for Editor, the ONLY thing that PPCS6 has the advantage with is "CUDA" support. Thats it!

Granted PPcs6 is an amazing step forward for adobe, I love it. What is so much better about FCPX is the fact that i can use the event browser, use keyboard shortcuts to make "cuts" of what i want and then again keyboard shortcut them into keyword groups. I can take as many cuts that i choose from any movie file. The ability to do this allows me to prepare everything before i start compiling the story. Its a big time saver!

It even syncs audio that is recorded seperately! I always had to manually line up audio in PPcs6! Plural eyes just stinks! So here is what it comes down to:

PPcs6 PROS:

- Cuda support
- Adobe media encoder little better than compressor

FCPX Pros:

- Event library
- keywords
- auto audio sync
- organization
- better GUI (looks cleaner)

The only downfall to FCPX up until today WAS no dual monitor view. Apple literally just fixed it.

So my conclusion. I just purchased FCPX, as i would rather do WITHOUT CUDA support, in order to make my life easier with audio syncing and organization!
Corey Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 06:56 AM   #2
New Boot

Re: I Have Switched To FCPX, Here Are My Reasons...

I made the switch a month after FCPX shipped and I'm pretty happy with it. There are some things I find Premiere Pro better suited for, particularly because of its dynamic link integration, but by and large I'm able to get things done with Final Cut Pro.

Fortunately, because of Adobe's pricing strategies, I can afford to use both when I need to.
Chris Northcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 07:44 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: I Have Switched To FCPX, Here Are My Reasons...

Dynamic link is great if your using massive effects in AE or if you want to save time and send a project to encore.

My computer is pretty darn quick so encode times are ok for me. FCPX is just so much more advanced then PPcs6.

I mean "Editor for Editor" no other features outside, nothing. Just the 2. FCPX edges PP out.
Corey Benoit is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X