DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old November 20th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: darker DVDs

I'm not familiar with FCP X so I can't help you. But in general, when you apply filters and such in your timeline, you are not modifying the originals. Those changes get applied when you Export (Share) it out of the editor to a standalone file. If you have QuickTime Pro, you can use it to re-render the output to one for uploading.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Sorry i could not reply earlier..i was super busy..

it turned out to be ok when i watched the DVD..it was just the compressor viewer as well the DVDSP viewer that looked too dark..even thou the burned DVD on tv was a bit darker it was still ok.

i freaked too early..sorry..thanks to everyone that wrote to help..

yes, if i could i will have one of those pro monitors...hehe

thanks
Old November 29th, 2012, 07:28 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Let me provide you my workaround to getting an expensive color correcter tool. By all means this is not how I would do a feature, commercial, or short I would be sending to a big studio:

I color correct my monitor and my tv using the built in Mac color correction tools (in preference menu - see "monitors")

Color correct footage with built in FCPX tools as much as I think it needs to look good.

Then I export with QT to burn a DVD. I have not used Compressor yet as I haven't needed it yet. Test DVD in my player. If it looks like crap, I do it again. DVD's are cheap.

All of my own work has been destined for web, small channels, and clients only. Everything else, I sublet out to someone to color correct.

I also use and external monitor when I shoot so that I can capture the image as close to the way I want the final product to be anyway. Don't we all?
Caleb Reynolds is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X