Can Final Cut Pro X be considered professional? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old July 16th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Can Final Cut Pro X be considered professional?

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Hohauser View Post

I am curious about your "final render" issue. Are you talking about the final output or the render files stored within a project or event? The render files are considered part of the project. As I usually never render while editing (except to see very complicated effects/filters in real time) I don't accumulate files but you can clear out unused render files easily. Final Cut Pro X: Delete render files to free up disk space

Yep, I'm talking about the final render file. With Vegas, I can take my timeline [choose folder] and render it anywhere I please. With FCP, it creates all these extra folder and stuff, then I have to hunt it down in the drive I have my project on. For instance, I did 13 different 4 minute videos the other day. That's 13 different sets of render folders etc. That's so much bloat. But yeah, that's what I'm referring to.
Old July 16th, 2013, 08:51 PM   #17
Inner Circle

That's what I do with FCPX. "Command E", choose next, choose the drive or folder for the final output and save. That's it. Since I usually use the same scratch drive for the final output (I mostly use Compressor or other programs for a final delivery format) and the program defaults to the last destination used, I just hit return twice after "Cmd E".
Old July 17th, 2013, 02:31 AM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Davis View Post
Yep, I'm talking about the final render file. With Vegas, I can take my timeline [choose folder] and render it anywhere I please. With FCP, it creates all these extra folder and stuff, then I have to hunt it down in the drive I have my project on. For instance, I did 13 different 4 minute videos the other day. That's 13 different sets of render folders etc. That's so much bloat. But yeah, that's what I'm referring to.
You're doing something wrong. When I render out I know exactly where the render file is going because it puts it where I tell it to, and I get a single file, not folders. End of story.

For me, FCPX is lacking in two areas. Collaboration and audio. I had hoped that Logic Pro X would fill the audio void but it seems not. While it can do XML round trips (of sorts) it's not the solution I was hoping for.

When ever I have an audio heavy project (which is more often than not) I'm still leaning on Premiere Pro because of it's far superior audio mixer and filters, and because sharing projects is also much easier.

Shame really, FCPX is so much faster in so many ways. Just a few more steps please Apple.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X