Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old October 24th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #1
New Boot

FCPX DVD chapters

Hi,

Has anyone had this problem?

I'm using FCPX to make a basic DVD with chapters via the share button. I've got chapter markers on the timeline and it worked fine last week.

This week I changed some of the chapter marker text and it refuses to export the chapter menu or the chapters. I just get the main menu with no chapter option and some random chapter points when playing the sequence.

Same problem going via compressor.

The weird thing is that the chapters work fine when when exporting a quicktime prores file. And they show up properly in the compressor preview window.

It's just when building the DVD the chapter submenu doesn't get built.

Am I missing a magic button or something?

Thanks

Joe
Joe Wickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 11:50 PM   #2
New Boot

Re: FCPX DVD chapters

I think I sorted it out, so I'm posting the solution here in case it helps someone else.

Our client emailed corrections for all the DVD chapter titles. I saved the email as text then cut and pasted from textedit into the chapter markers.

When I opened the email text in textedit on another mac, i noticed weird characters next to dashes. So i figured it could be a text encoding issue with strange characters forcing the DVD chapters to fail.

We've recreated all the chapter markers by typing in directly, not cut and paste, and all seems to be working again.

So if you are having problems with DVD chapters, delete them all, recreate and type directly in, don't cut and paste from word or text edit.

Cheers

joe
Joe Wickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2013, 05:17 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: FCPX DVD chapters

Good to know, thanks Joe.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X