5.1 Surround on Apple TV - A Handy Discovery! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old November 25th, 2013, 07:35 PM   #1
Trustee

5.1 Surround on Apple TV - A Handy Discovery!

I've been authoring some DVDs and BluRay discs in CS6 Encore, but that's another story...

Anyway, long story short, the files I received from the broadcaster included a 5.1 channel surround mix that I needed to add some short VO clips to. I was doing this work within FCPX and was having some trouble getting the right mix on my stereo computer speakers resulting in a few costly/time-consuming BluRay test discs. Then I realized I could set the audio output device on my Mac to my AppleTv connected via AirPlay. My AppleTV, in turn, is connected to a flatscreen and home theater system.

The surround sound came through loud and clear and I simply used my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse with the mirrored computer screen over AirPlay on my television set to control FCPX. Pretty convenient spot check if you need a quick reference of the surround mix. Thought I'd share!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X