Confusing advice at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old December 12th, 2013, 03:56 PM   #1
Major Player

Confusing advice

I've been leaning on the fence for some time now about Mavericks. There are some negative (and quite scary) comments here and on other forums, but for the most part the silent majority (and FCPX users) seem to be on the side of the new IOS.

That is, until you got to the App store and look at the comments there, which, when you read from "latest first" are overwhelmingly negative, so much so they plead with Mac users not to install it and get themselves caught up the quagmire.

There are so many negative comments I have nightmares about Apple installing it without my permission.

I came to Apple some years ago because "It just works." I'd like things to stay that way.
Charles Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Confusing advice

I upgraded to Mavericks on the first day. I have had no issues with it. I do not use FCPX, but it has not affected any of my other programs.

The new version of iMovie that comes with the new OSX is based on the trackless model of FCPX and is proving a good training ground for me for the move to FCPX. I have downloaded the trial, but I am waiting for a project to justify the $299.
Old December 12th, 2013, 11:39 PM   #3
Inner Circle

No problems with mavericks here either. There are a few operating system changes but nothing more than the usual changes we get with a system upgrade. Some may be annoying to you. The Apple "office" apps have some moderately major changes that some people have taken issue with but I didn't mind them. FCPX isn't changed by the new system. Back-up, upgrade, go back if you don't like it.
Old December 13th, 2013, 02:14 AM   #4
Major Player

Sound advice, and from names I've come to trust on this forum. Thanks.

It's just the stuff on Apples'S FP+CPX forum and others aren't as positive. U don't want to get into thrashing preferences or reloading OS or Apps. I want it to just work, like it always has.

Soon I'll be adding another iMac to the edit bay and I know it will come loaded with Mavericks. I won't be putting this one in the backup spot for awhile.

Why are theer so many negative reviews in the App store?
Charles Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2013, 06:51 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Why? Many reasons: some very legit due to strange programming design changes, we know Apple and other programmers are capable of this. People are upset with Apple's odd quest to replace "Save As" from the the file menu with "Duplicate". Some complaints are personal inertia, there are people who get comfortable and don't want to ever see changes. However I suspect many complaints are your regular garden variety internet drama queen behavior.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X