DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old May 14th, 2014, 06:46 PM   #1
Major Player

FCPX Deleting Libraries

I am having trouble Deleting Libraries , I have removed some, but there are still the title there under the Libraries, see Pic, if i right click and go delete move to trash nothing happens, I have also gone into Libraries, show package contents, and remover what i can see, so where else do i go to get rid of the old Library name ?
Attached Thumbnails
FCPX Deleting Libraries-screen-shot-2014-05-15-10.41.58-am.png   FCPX Deleting Libraries-screen-shot-2014-05-15-10.42.25-am.png  

HD101/G5 Mac/4gig Ram/1TB HDD/30" Cinema Display/FCP.
Robert Bale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2014, 01:47 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: FCPX Deleting Libraries

Well, in the screen caps, you don't have a Library targeted, you have spcieifc EVENTs targeted.

Dumping Events inside Libraries won't affect the library at all. It's a container.

Trashing a Library will trash ALL the contained Events, projects, titles, clips and whetever else the Library contains, you can get rid of them by simply shutting down FCP-X - finding the Library via the finder, and dropping the whole Library into the trash - followed by the traditional "empty trash" choice.

This is massively destructive. So it's smart to backup Librareis by copying them to external drives (where the finder can't see them if they're dismounted) so that you can bring them back as needed.

Good luck.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X