Strange Problem with Rendered Files in FCPX at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old April 4th, 2016, 10:50 AM   #1
Major Player

Strange Problem with Rendered Files in FCPX

Have no idea what causes these strange "all green" rendered ProRes 422 video files with no audio after the original imported files are dropped in the timeline and normal level adjustments are made using the FCPX's Color Board??

A few key details:

- OSX 10.11.3
- FCPX 10.2.3
- Imported video files, 4K/25p UHD XAVC-S from Sony FDR-AX100E and 4K/25p UHD MP4 from Panasonic FZ300. All clips transcoded to ProRes 422 upon import and play back normally from the clip pane with audio. All clips also play back fine from the timeline but once video level adjustments are made and rendered, the clips turn into blank green files with no audio in the FCPX's playback window.
- Hardware used is Mac Mini Server (2011) 2.0 GHz Core i7 CPU, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 3000 GPU 512MB shared memory, dual 500GB hard drives, one for the FCPX the other for media. Both with plenty of available space.

I suspect it may have something to do with my hardware as this same version of FCPX and the same types of imported files work fine on my other Hexa-core Mac Pro with dual 3GB GPU cards but I just can't identify where exactly is the weak link than creates the problem on my lesser Mac.
Wacharapong Chiowanich is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X