DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old April 21st, 2016, 06:48 AM   #1
Major Player

Imported Files Not Appearing

I've had this happen before and I've fixed it, but it was last summer when it happened and I can't remember how I did it.

Basically, in the middle of an import, my card, for some reason, said it got ejected. It looked like 2 or 3 of my clips got imported fine, but the rest did not. Now when I go into to re-import them, it acts normal, but the clips aren't there. I've done this a number of times and each time I select the files and click "import", the import screen goes away (like it should) but nothing happens.

Any suggestions?
Brock Burwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2016, 07:24 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Imported Files Not Appearing

I've had this happen before during import and experienced something similar where the clips appears with the media missing warning. I've tried relocating- relinking-reimporting the missing files sometimes with no luck.

I usually confirm that the original clips are at least there by right clicking the actual Final Cut Pro library on the hard drive>show package contents

Find the event>Original Media folder and then confirm the original media has been imported in there.

I may make a copy from that folder to the desktop and try reimporting the copy. Strange.
John C. Chu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X