Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Pro X
The latest version of FCP from Apple.

Old April 17th, 2020, 11:54 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Anyone Using Toast 18 Pro With Mojave?

Hi,
I would like to know if anyone here is using Toast 18 Pro for burning CD's & DVD's using OS Mojave since it's 64bit software only? I asked Chat and they stated no but, I thought it was introduced before Catalina. If you are using it, I'd also like to know what your experience is with it. I'm on a 2016 15" MacBook Pro running OS Mojave 10.14.6. I haven't switched to Catalina due to the need of converting ton's of older video formats. I'm not dead set on Toast if there's better software available. Your help and advice would be most appreciated. Thank you, Ray
Ray Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2020, 11:38 PM   #2
Go Go Godzilla

Re: Anyone Using Toast 18 Pro With Mojave?

I've been using Roxio apps since '05; TP 18 is fantastic, and I'm on Mojave. (For media pros there are lots of reasons not to upgrade to Catalina anytime soon, so don't do it.)

I was given an eval version and it is definintely a nice upgrade from previous versions; faster, rock-stable (a few versions back Toast would crash often for no apparent reason).

All they're saying about being 64-bit is that it will work just fine in Catalina - just like any other 64-bit app, which these days almost all Mac-compatible apps are with few exceptions. But Mac OSX has had this architecture for some time, so you're just fine on Mojave.

If you need Toasts' capabilities I'll give it two-thumbs up. Enjoy.
Old April 18th, 2020, 04:55 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Anyone Using Toast 18 Pro With Mojave?

Thank You Robert,
I figured Mojave would work with TP 18 but, needed to make sure from a Mojave user. Catalina just isn't in the cards for me right now due to all the mixed video I have to straighten out format wise. I need the software for both DVD's and CD's. I'm a DJ therefore, the use of disc's remain to be a great backup. Thanks again for the help. Ray
Ray Paula is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Pro X