Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old September 30th, 2007, 09:48 AM   #1
Tourist

FCP Sound Problems==HELP??

Hey guys,
New here and also new to FCP. I have been working on importing video and been using the "capture now" feature to do it.
So here is the issue:
The sound and video are not matching up. I keep trying to use the timeline to move the sound around, but just can't get it quite right. This problem is only with video off of the handycam, everything off of the GL2 sync up fine.

What am I doing wrong? The video and sound match from the same tape in imovie, but not at all on FCP. Is this a timecode issue (I have gotten a few timecode errors)? I am going through all my manuals and my training books but thought maybe you guys could help me. If you need more info let me know.
Thanks so much for any help you can offer.
Mike Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2007, 03:11 PM   #2
Major Player

What are your capture settings? And what are the audio settings?
Old September 30th, 2007, 03:49 PM   #3
Tourist

Using easy set up

Thanks for the reply Theodore,
I tried a couple of things but right now I am using easy set up. 24fps and 23.xx also work pretty good, but I figured since the easy set up for NTSC works just as well I ought to leave it. What I am finding is that if I stop the video myself the audio syncs up pretty well, if not perfectly. However, if I leave the tape on and let it go to the end of the tape without stopping it manually then all of the audio is way, way off.
Any ideas? I am going to be loading a huge number of tapes soon from a trip to Africa and really want to be able to just set up capture now and leave it.
thanks again for any help.

Last edited by Mike Dillard; September 30th, 2007 at 03:50 PM. Reason: typo
Mike Dillard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite