Soundtrack Pro really can't export properly can it? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 15th, 2007, 06:53 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Soundtrack Pro really can't export properly can it?

I'm exporting a 6 minute multi-track project. Nothing elaborate, nor large use of effects apart from normalize and EQ.

But when exporting to an .aif, the audio at very random points becomes sped up, higher pitch, and on different tracks.

This is an absolute shambles, the audio plays absolutely fine in the timeline, and i'm wondering if there's any way of rectifying this export problem? (other than avoiding soundtrack pro like the plague?)

any help at ALL would be much appreciated.

Neil
Neil Rostance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2007, 07:52 AM   #2
Major Player

I personally have never had Soundtrack work for me. return trips with FCP have always been a mess.
Jim Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2007, 08:21 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Such a shame...

It sends the multitrack project out with high hopes then it comes back sounding like a hobo.

can you recommend an alternative to Soundtrack?
Old October 15th, 2007, 08:50 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Is everyone having this trouble and problems?

As someone interested in purchasing FCS 2, this is interesting to know...
Other opinions?
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2007, 02:35 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I run Soundtrack on FCS 2 and the problem is that the concept of it's workflow with FCP is fantastic, which is why i keep going back to it, but it's just NOT ready for release, it just doesn't work properly.

The problem lies with the export, and but the audio plays PERFECTLY when played from the timeline.

With this, there is only one way of making Soundtrack Pro usable at the moment and this is by connecting the audio out jack to the microphone input jack, then playing the audio on the timeline whilst simultaniusly recording the computers output audio.

So i'd also like to hear comments/advice about this absolute shambles also!!
Old October 15th, 2007, 02:55 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Rostance View Post
I run Soundtrack on FCS 2 and the problem is that the concept of it's workflow with FCP is fantastic, which is why i keep going back to it, but it's just NOT ready for release, it just doesn't work properly.

The problem lies with the export, and but the audio plays PERFECTLY when played from the timeline.

With this, there is only one way of making Soundtrack Pro usable at the moment and this is by connecting the audio out jack to the microphone input jack, then playing the audio on the timeline whilst simultaniusly recording the computers output audio.

So i'd also like to hear comments/advice about this absolute shambles also!!
That really is no way of working.
A bit sorry to hear about this... any official complaints? Anyone know if Apple is busy with an upgrade fixing this export-bug?
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2007, 06:13 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Is everyone having this trouble and problems?

I'm not.
But then I'm only ever converting 2-track stereo to aiff. For me, it works fine doing that.
Old October 16th, 2007, 09:18 AM   #8
Regular Crew

I've been using Soundtrack Pro a lot from Final Cut Pro, but only 1 clip at a time (so it's not a multi track project in Sound track). Never had a problem.

I haven't tried multi track projects.
Winfried Dobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 08:21 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Rostance View Post
I just finished my first project using STP2. I was expecting a lot of trouble, based on what I had read about the new version, but was pleasantly surprised overall. I think it crashed once during the project. No trouble exporting the sound (a 5.1 surround project) at all.

I will proceed with caution, saving often and double checking everything, but at least for now it works for me. If nothing else, surround sound is sooo much easier to do now than it was faking it with the old STP. :-)

- Martin
Old October 21st, 2007, 05:16 AM   #10
Regular Crew

Had to use a multitrack project as well today and also ran into the export problems. A search on the internet revealed that Soundtrack screws up if you mix files with different sample rates, or if you try to export to a file with a different sample rate that the audio in your multitrack project.

After converting all my audio clips to the same rate, it now exports ok.

Still a major bug that should have been fixed by now.
Winfried Dobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2007, 05:18 AM   #11
Regular Crew

a hah! a solution!

Thanks very much for that, i'll certainly give it a go.

How is the best way to convert sample rates by the way? What would you recommend? In soundtrack too?
Old October 21st, 2007, 01:45 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Yes, converting is quite simple with Soundtrack:
open the file with soundtrack pro
Choose "File | save a copy as.." and in the sample rate combobox choose the right sample rate

Hope it helps for you too,

Winfried
Winfried Dobbe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite