romantic dreamy effect at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old November 4th, 2007, 03:30 AM   #1
Major Player

romantic dreamy effect

I am trying to get my head around Final cut studio 2 as I used to edit on Premiere pro with the matrox card. In the matrox effects I had an option to use a soft focus filter that had a slight glow in it and I used this for some of my highlight footage as it looked dreamy and made the brides dress kind of glow, I suppose it was a bit like a pro amp filter with a soft focus.

Could someone please tell me how to do this in FC studio 2 as I am sure there is a filter somewhere to give me this effect and then if I was to get this look can that customized filter be save some way as a preset or favorite?
Paul Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2007, 11:04 AM   #2
Go Go Godzilla

Paul,

You can easily accomplish this task with a combination of filters; any blur/softfocus filter and either glow or bloom. Using these combinations will give you more control than a single filter-effect alone.
Old November 4th, 2007, 04:31 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Lane View Post
Paul,

You can easily accomplish this task with a combination of filters; any blur/softfocus filter and either glow or bloom. Using these combinations will give you more control than a single filter-effect alone.
Thanks Robert, I will try that out.

Paul
Paul Gallagher is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite