Rendering Problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old November 13th, 2007, 10:41 PM   #1
New Boot

Rendering Problem

I took a day off from editing Yesterday and when I resumed to day, I discovered that I can no longer render video clips on the timeline.

I'm placing titles created in LiveType above a video clip and I get the red line indicating that rendering is necessary. I choose "Sequence > Render All" (the way I always do it) and I see just a flash of the rendering timer pop up and disappear and the clip remains unrendered. I tried rebooting and I also tried supering a title that worked the day before yesterday. It just won't render.

Any ideas?
Chuck Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2007, 10:27 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I hate to piggy back on someone else's problems, but I am having the same problem and tried doing the same thing as you. My problem is related to transferring a Hi-Def time-line to a NTSC SD time-line so I can burn a quick DVD for a client to look at.
Mike Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2007, 01:32 PM   #3
Major Player

Usually this happens when I inadvertently have something selected in the timeline. If you have a clip (or range of clips) selected, FCP will only render in that range of the timeline. That's why you get just a flash of the render bar - nothing in that range needs to be rendered.

Try Shift-CMD-A to deselect all, then try that render again.
Scott Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2007, 04:54 PM   #4
Regular Crew

So I think I may have found the solution. I went in and looked at my timeline settings and I think that the compressor I chose was not the right one. So I pretty much changed all of the timeline settings to a default NTSC setting that FCP seems to always open in. I did that and it is now rendering.

Hope this helps
Mike Quick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite