DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old November 15th, 2007, 06:25 PM   #1
Major Player

cant get the audio to be in sync

hello can anybody help me? I never encountered this problem with my old G4 but resently I bought a macbookpro and installed the new os. When i CAPTURE the audio is out of sync and not just a few frames., i tried different camera's different scratch disk but it is the same, the audio is in sync while capturing it but then I am hearing it through the camera: this is actually strange because it should then be out... then when i want to play it back in the viewer it is way out of sync. it is fcp 5.0 I have tried several setttings but cannot get it right .. I have 7.3 quiktime pro..
please help!

director/cameraman

http://www.slingerlandproductions.nl
David Slingerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 06:47 PM   #2
Major Player

Are you sure that your sequence settings match your cam audio settings? In other words, if the cam recorded at 12 bit 32K the Easy Setup should be NTSC 32
Victor Kellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2007, 02:50 AM   #3
Major Player

How are you monitoring your audio/video?
Old November 16th, 2007, 03:52 AM   #4
Major Player

i am not monitoring the video, just the connection cam firewire computer and then. I want to view it in the viewer on the laptop and the clips are not good, the audio is somehow out of sync. the settings are all oke. Could there be something wrong with the audiocard? I tried installing an older version of fcp 4.0 to test 5.0 but could not get that going because it said missing agp card.

director/cameraman

Old November 16th, 2007, 04:44 AM   #5
Major Player

i am considering reinstalling fcp and getting quicktime 7.2 instead of 7.3, there was also something about the order in how to install what first. Or maybe there is something wrong with the audiocard of the laptop? Or those fcp 5 not go well with 10:5 os?

director/cameraman

Old November 16th, 2007, 08:40 AM   #6
Major Player

i know now i have to upgrade to fcp 6.0 because 5.0 was not designed to run on intel computers...that is a big dissapointment...

director/cameraman

Old November 16th, 2007, 09:45 AM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Slingerland View Post
i know now i have to upgrade to fcp 6.0 because 5.0 was not designed to run on intel computers...that is a big dissapointment...
David, one you switch over to the new Final Cut Studio 2 and FCP6, you won't be dissappointed for long.
Old November 16th, 2007, 11:02 AM   #8
Major Player

David, I believe there are some bug issues with QT 7.3, maybe this is the problem. ???
John
Old November 16th, 2007, 05:59 PM   #9
Major Player

no it is 5.0 on intel based mac allright...I ran it on imovie and that gave me no problem at all...so I know what to do ! get my copy of 6.0 It is the same for avid by the way...I had an older version and it just doesnt run right, they warn you for that on there website though ! but if you change computer there is very little you can do..(I have still my old faithful g4 somewhere for old apps
thanks everyone!

director/cameraman

Old November 16th, 2007, 09:07 PM   #10
Major Player

You can run Final Cut 5.1 on Intel Macs, however this is not something you can purchase from Apple any more. Final Cut 5.0 is NOT supported for Intel Macs, and the "out of sync" audio is a common problem. You could try searching eBay, etc. but your best bet is to upgrade to Final Cut Studio 2. It's a great package and you won't be disappointed! The added bonus of Color alone is worth the heavy price - which should work OK on your MacBook Pro! There are LOTS of problems if you try and run 5.0 on an Intel machine - audio going out of sync is only one of them... So for your MacBook Pro, you need Final Cut Studio 2 or Final Cut Express 4 (if you wish to stick with Apple products).

That said, Final Cut 5.0 should run FINE on your G4. It shouldn't have any audio sync issues.
Chris Hocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2008, 12:59 AM   #11
Slash Rules!

Hi. I did just this, purchased the FCS1 for an Intel Imac, not knowing about the fact that it was not supported.

I've come across this sync issue. It SEEMS that sliding the audio backwards 25 frames (left, in the timeline) for 60i video solves the sync issue, but is that the only thing that doesn't work correctly with this FCP 5/Intel Imac setup? What other issues should I look out for? I planned on upgrading at some point, just didn't want to have to do it now!

I'm also having trouble getting compressor to do anything. . .is this a related issue? Or do I just not know what I'm doing? It always tells me "cannot connect to background process" when I submit. I tried turning off ClamAV and whatever else looked like it might be in the way. . .but still no luck.

Last edited by Josh Bass; January 15th, 2008 at 05:32 AM.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite