DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old November 26th, 2007, 06:04 PM   #1
Major Player

Re sizing something already in timeline

So last night I started cutting the beginning of a music video. I soon realized that since some of my footage was captured with different settings it came into the timeline letterboxed and others came in the right ratio which was 3:2. I figured out how to have everything come into the timeline fine without needing to render much but now that stuff that had been in the timeline before I switched the timeline settings to the right settings is too small to fit the whole 3:2 box. How unshrink it to fit back to the frame. The picture below shows a frame from the intro sequence that had been rendered down with old settings and the picture to the right is the same clip dropped into the timeline with the new settings and both are rendered.
Attached Thumbnails
Re sizing something already in timeline-picture-1.png   Re sizing something already in timeline-picture-2.png  

James Brill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2007, 07:36 PM   #2
Major Player

James

select the affected clips in the timeline and press Apple-Option-V (the shortcut for Remove Attributes)
in the Remove Attributes window select the Scale and Distort checkboxes only and press OK

that will remove any automatic scaling and distortion that FCP applied when you first dropped the clip into the timeline (before you changed the settings)

if the clip still doesn't fit snugly after this then you can select it and choose Modify menu > Scale to Sequence

hope it helps
Andy
Andy Mees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2007, 08:49 PM   #3
Major Player

Ya I tried removing the distort attribute and it just lengthened the picture. I will try scaling it though I just needed to know how. Thank you very much

edit-scale to sequence made it fit vertically but conform to sequence made it fill the screen just right

Last edited by James Brill; November 27th, 2007 at 02:01 AM.
James Brill is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite