How to get the warm look from Magic Bullet into Color... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old March 1st, 2008, 02:53 PM   #1
Inner Circle

How to get the warm look from Magic Bullet into Color...

Hi,

I've began experimenting in Color, with the help of some tutorials on Lynda, and I like the program a lot. But when I used to use Magic Bullet for Premiere Pro on the PC, you could get this amazing footage, just by using the Warmish filter.

Does anyone know how to get that kind of footage into Color?
The warm colours, the soft blow outs, the light glow without loosing the detail or looking soapish...

I'm not expecting a quick filter - I know it will take a lot more into Color, but I don't mind, I've already experimented and found out how to get some things, but if someone has advice of how to get a warm filmic look into Color, that would be nice, it would help me learn the program much better also. Or just point out to some key moves that help a lot.

Best regards,
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 03:29 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Silly question

hey Mathieu, This might be silly but did you link in the Color FX tab at the top then load your clip and finally go to the Color FX Bin. There are a few presets already made. You could also tweak warm glow to possibly get the look you are after.

If you have done that then I am just as lost as you are because I am just getting in to color myself.

Matthew

Last edited by Matthew Pugerude; March 1st, 2008 at 04:52 PM.
Matthew Pugerude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 03:21 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Hi Matthew,

I've only tried a couple of them out, but I was a bit dissapointed with them... The warm Glow film look looked very washed out in colors...
I'll look further anyhow.
Best regards,
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:56 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Color

Mathieu,

I did not think that it would be a quick fix for you but maybe you could tweak the setting to get the look you want. All of those presets are customizable one could be a good start. you also really get to understand how the program works when you start working backwards from a preset. Well at least I figure out a program faster that way.

Matt
Matthew Pugerude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 11:56 AM   #5
Inner Circle

I'll definately try that, thanks!

Don't get me wrong: I love Color and it's capabilities, and it forces me to be better in Color Correction. Just don't know how to get those results I am after.
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite