Self-Contained Movie (16:9) becomes 4:3.... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old March 6th, 2008, 09:27 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Self-Contained Movie (16:9) becomes 4:3....

Hi all,

Im using a H1 (HDV) and editing on a SD anamorphic timeline as I have added some Polecam SD shots. I followed the method here and it worked great!

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage...put_young.html

The sequence settings was the exact same as mentioned in the article. However, when I exported a self-contained QT movie, the movie file was squashed to 4:3 when playbacked in Quicktime. Om using FCP 5.1.4.

Is there any way I can go about solving this problem without purchasing additional software? I have Compressor but not sure of which settings to have.

The video will be first playbacked through the computer to a projector and presented to an audience.

I greatly appreciate any advice.

Cheers

WeeHan
Yeo Wee Han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2008, 09:51 AM   #2
Major Player

That's normal, anamorphic means: stretched out. Open the video in quicktime press the apple+j for your properties. select presentation and in the "conform aperture" drop down menu you have some options for displaying the video in 16:9, if it is an anamorphic video. You can save it so that it opens like this next time.
Aric Mannion is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite